LEAN IT UP! (Memorial Day 2015 Challenge)

Options
lycheenmango
lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hola!

There are almost 11 weeks to go until May 25 and as I love the MFP challenges I am creating this one to keep me focused on my goal to lose 21 pounds by summer.

All of you are welcome to join the challenge. I have created a spreadsheet (link below) -
Why I like spreadsheets is that it's easier to see your and other's progress in one glance to keep you motivated!! Trying this for the first time so any feedback to tweak the spreadsheet is most welcome!

Link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SYfzNug2x4MrBa6wYKWdI8MEI56JnJcujV92koBl6yg/edit?usp=sharing

I am super psyched and hope you are too! We can use this thread to exchange recipes, highs, lows, our frustrations, help with motivation and workout suggestions :)

-A

Replies

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    iknewyouweretrouble 133 sw 123 gw thanks!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    Hola!

There are almost 11 weeks to go until May 25 and as I love the MFP challenges I am creating this one to keep me focused on my goal to lose 21 pounds by summer.

All of you are welcome to join the challenge. I have created a spreadsheet (link below) -
    Why I like spreadsheets is that it's easier to see your and other's progress in one glance to keep you motivated!! Trying this for the first time so any feedback to tweak the spreadsheet is most welcome!

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SYfzNug2x4MrBa6wYKWdI8MEI56JnJcujV92koBl6yg/edit?usp=sharing

I am super psyched and hope you are too! We can use this thread to exchange recipes, highs, lows, our frustrations, help with motivation and workout suggestions :)

-A
    what are your plans to meet your goal?
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    You can go and edit it .. it's open to all :) my plan is to increase my workout sessions from 2 to 5 per week. Drink a lot more water and fewer cheat meals. I'm thinking of following kayla itsines workout routine .. let's see how that goes!
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Im all for this
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tittan44 sw 191 bf=20% goal by may long 195 and 14% bf
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Definitely need this! I am at a plateau and could use the support :smile:
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Hey Tittan44! Are you still unable to update the spreadsheet? I have set it to editable by anyone who has the link so technically it should work. Let me know though!
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Hey mhulgan! I hope the decreasing numbers in the sheet keep everyone motivated :)
  • mhulgan
    Options
    Using my iPhone, I can't update using the link. Any suggestions?
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    just send me the stats here for now :) until i figure out whats going on.
  • ellen7446
    ellen7446 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I have a Memorial Day goal too. I lost 14lbs since September, then hit a plateau in January.
    - I eat well and typically exercise 5 times per week for about 2 hours.
    - I stopped weighing myself every morning. Alternatively, I focus on the subtle changes in my appearance and how much stronger my body feels with regular exercise. This has kept me motivated. I now, weigh myself once a week and will weigh myself in morning for the purpose of your spread sheet.

The spread sheet that you prepared works for me!!
    Thanks for the motivation!! :)
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    ellen7446 wrote: »
    This is a great idea! I have a Memorial Day goal too. I lost 14lbs since September, then hit a plateau in January.
    - I eat well and typically exercise 5 times per week for about 2 hours.
    - I stopped weighing myself every morning. Alternatively, I focus on the subtle changes in my appearance and how much stronger my body feels with regular exercise. This has kept me motivated. I now, weigh myself once a week and will weigh myself in morning for the purpose of your spread sheet.

The spread sheet that you prepared works for me!!
    Thanks for the motivation!! :)

that's great weight loss! I know you can keep going doing what you do.

I'm struggling today because...I have been eating over maintenance.. pretty much since I got to MFP... so when I get back down to it, I eat probably HALF of what I eat daily. so it's always a rough adjustment the first few days. I don't feel hungry right now, I'm sure I ate enough.. I'm just itching for more and not used to eating all night. any suggestions or tips would be appreciated!
  • mhulgan
    Options
    just send me the stats here for now :) until i figure out whats going on.

Thanks! I'm at 177 lbs. I would love to be 167 lbs by Memorial Day.
  • katielesk
    katielesk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I would love to lose 25.
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Welcome all! Sorry for being MIA for the past few days. Was in Death Valley .... great fun but now I am back!!

Yes, the spreadsheet should work for all now. Let me know if you still have issues. Use your laptop/PC for it ... not sure if phone will work seamlessly.
  • lycheenmango
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tittan44 and iknewyourweretrouble - I have added your numbers (usernames, sw, gw) but please check the spreadsheet for future updates. It should work now :)
  • lycheenmango
    edited March 2015
    Options
    username sw gw
    lycheenmango 146 135
    Ellen7446 140.5 132
    iknewyouweretrouble 133 123
    Tittan44 191 (bf 20%) 195 (bf 14%)

this is what my spreadsheet looks like right now :) (with horizontal and vertical lines ofcourse :P )

Next check-in is on Friday!!!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Options
    today? 133 no change :/
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hope it's not too late to join! I just added myself to the spreadsheet. Starting at 166.8, goal is 159.8.
  • lycheenmango
    Options