How do I keep from getting discouraged?

Options
I have a history of when things start going too good I quit before my goal. Any suggestions?
Donavee Joyner

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You get discouraged when things are going well and quit?

Not sure what to say about that.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You're the only one that can make it happen.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Change your behavior and decide that this time you'll follow through! Liftng4Lis has some good advice for you :) We really are the only ones that can follow through.

I do understand about making changes for the better, it's scary... push through it, make a decision that this time you WILL follow through. Take it moment by moment. Don't have to look long term, minute by minute, hour by hour...whatever it takes to get through a day...just do that. :)
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Feelings are just feelings. They aren't always reasonable or accurate or beneficial. You don't have to let them change how you act. You can feel frustrated or disappointed or frightened and recognize that you feel this, and that's that, that's all, you have a feeling. It doesn't have to mean anything, it doesn't have to change anything. Feelings are temporary. Keep on with your plans. Make the choice ahead of time not to stray from the path just because it gets tough.

(And I say this intending it to be balanced with taking care of yourself. Sometimes we do need to make adjustments. But make them and keep going, don't let your feelings turn challenges into complete roadblocks.)
  • clumsysgpotato
    clumsysgpotato Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Recall the reason of you initially starting out
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    just keep doing the same thing every day no matter what, set a date....
    http://jimayres.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/a_year_from_now1.jpg
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    reflect on what triggers you that eventually leads you to give up. some insight into how you've done business in the past may help you break out of the cycle...if you want to, you will