• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    vma-crying-9.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    You guys dont have to be so MEAN about it... god... i get it... ALL OF YOU ARE BEING SO MEAN!!
    I went out and got professional help and advice and you disagree. Agree to disagree and let it go!
    You dont have to keep pestering and attacking me... do you want me to cry?? Well good cause you got that....

Seriously??? How old are you? Obviously not emotionally old enough to be on this site.

That was my first thought. Her response sounds like it's coming from a spoilt teenager...

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    #1 yes
    #2 no

and this is the internet…deal with the responses...

Uhhh, you are mistaken. This is MFP and Community Guidelines exist, whether you chose to acknowledge them or not. This place is not "anything goes".

none of the responses violated the guidelines…

but feel free to keep policing the boards...

I never said anything you said violated anything. I simply corrected your grossly erroneous statement that this is the "internet" and asserting that anything goes. You are simply wrong. Am I supposed to consider it a real honor to have your approval? Hate to ruin your night but I really kinda don't.

It wasn't "grossly erroneous". That's quite the exaggeration. All he said was she needs to deal, which isn't really bad advice. You are the one that jumped on him and assumed he meant there were no guidelines to be followed.

i think there was some of this going on ..

White+knight+white+knights+on+the+internet_fbf6ad_4357740.gif
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    You guys dont have to be so MEAN about it... god... i get it... ALL OF YOU ARE BEING SO MEAN!!
    I went out and got professional help and advice and you disagree. Agree to disagree and let it go!
    You dont have to keep pestering and attacking me... do you want me to cry?? Well good cause you got that....

Seriously??? How old are you? Obviously not emotionally old enough to be on this site.

That was my first thought. Her response sounds like it's coming from a spoilt teenager...

Same, but I didn't want to say it in case I was accused of being mean!! Though, I guess I already had been.

• Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    This method says I maintain on 1350-1400 calories. Experience says I maintain around 2100.

Naturally I trust my own history and nearly two years of logging more than some random method with no sources to back it up.

Sorry if that's mean.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    This method says I maintain on 1350-1400 calories. Experience says I maintain around 2100.

Naturally I trust my own history and nearly two years of logging more than some random method with no sources to back it up.

Sorry if that's mean.

stop being unsupportive!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Sorry if that's mean.

I maintain on 2,500 calories. I should be gaining 2lb a week at this rate.
  • Daiako
    Options

Sorry if that's mean.

stop being unsupportive!

I am the worst.

But at least I can eat more than 1400 calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Sorry if that's mean.

That's about me. I maintain at 2800 and weigh 192 currently.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    This was neither fun filled nor fact filled. :(
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Sorry if that's mean.

That's about me. I maintain at 2800 and weigh 192 currently.

Well. I guess you guys are just doing it wrong.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP: your RMR is about 10 calories per lb - but this varies depending on age, gender and LBM.

Everything else (TEF, EAT, NEAT) adds to it.
  • Daiako
    Options

Sorry if that's mean.

You probably burn a ton of calories undermining people's replies.

:p
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Sorry if that's mean.

Giving opinions is pretty exhausting as well.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Sorry if that's mean.

giggle26.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    How much do you burn marking bingo cards?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This just in, it takes 1,300 calories to maintain the weight of a 130 pound woman.

No woman should ever weigh less than 110 pounds.

Also, you will lose a pound of weight for every exact 3,500 calories you dont eat.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    according to OP's formula my maintenance calories are 1820; however, i am losing little under a pound per week on 2250 …what the hell is going on??????
This discussion has been closed.