What would you choose?

Options
Hey Guys,

My 21st Birthday is coming up in two weeks time and have gotten the menu that will be available from the hotel that we will be having our meal in.

What would you choose as healthy choices, not saying that I need to go for healthy (See my previous topic) but if you were eating here, which would you choose? Would you have a starter, if so which one? And if i was to be bad, which dessert?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KUAQYUqZfLgj1o-BzkbWYdBPEUEYOcXAjmaYSqqr5lg/edit?hl=en&authkey=CI6Pmv8J

Patrick

Replies

• peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    are u gonna be drinking.. as for starter na... desert maybe something light to share if ur going in a group.. something small and light... if ur drinking dont cause theres the extra cal
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    I'd either get the vegetarian thai curry or mixed leaf salad + baked potato. (but i'm a vegetarian so I was kind of limited lol)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    either a fish or seafood dish or a chicken salad. No starter and maybe a small fruit type of desert.
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    As far as a starter goes.. I'd get the Warm Goats Cheese and Baby Spinach Salad (possibly WITHOUT the cashews and maybe replace the honey mustard dressing with balsamic) and for the main I'd get the Pan Roasted Salmon Fillet. Nothing else on there looks healthy at all. lol
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Main Dish: I would have the open face steak burger without any dressings or cheese.
    Irish homemade beef burger, minus the bun, wrapped in lettuce.
    Steak and egg (depending on how many eggs and size of steak this would be your best option)
    Salmon fillet without any extra toppings

Replace sides with salad, market vegetables or plain baked potato.

Appetizers: soup or salad

Dessert: Ask for one scoop of ice cream with tons of fresh fruit on top

Hope I helped! Happy early b-day :smile:
  • MJLavaty
    MJLavaty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mmm...a lot sounds really good but staying healthy I would get the Pan Roasted Salmon Fillet. Skip the dessert and get yourself a drink and have a HAPPY 21st BDAY!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    All of it! On one plate!!!!! It's your birthday go all out! Happy 21st!
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    I'd ask them to simplify it a bit.

3 starters /3 main courses/2 desserts and a BIG FAT BIRTHDAY BOY CAKE!

I'm in the business, it would make things easier ;)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I want to go! Where is it? I'd probably go for a starter plus salad (fancying goats cheese tart) and a fabulous, shared desert, no main.

Mmmm... Enjoy yourself!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would have whatever you want to have. You only turn 21 once, make it a good celebration without worrying about calories!
  • ballwebhost
    ballwebhost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to go! Where is it? I'd probably go for a starter plus salad (fancying goats cheese tart) and a fabulous, shared desert, no main.

Mmmm... Enjoy yourself!

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your replies! Keep 'em coming lol, still undecided as to what I'd choose!! Not necessarily looking for healthy options as I'm trying to get off dieting lol, but still when it comes to choices, i hate it lol!

Its in the Cork International Airport Hotel @ Cork Airport, Ireland :)

Patrick