Chocolate alternatives

Options
2»

Replies

• verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Okay, this is my double chocolate protein pudding. . 0.5 cup of non fat cottage cheese, 0.75 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk, 1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, few packages of calorie free sweetener,1 scoop quest protein ( or protein of your choice. I like the way quest mixed) So, put everything into a blender. Make sure it is blended well. Transfer it into a bowl. Refrigerate it for 2 hours and ...ENJOY. the best guilt free treat I have ever tried! !!!!!
  • julietadimova
    julietadimova Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you're craving chocolate it's your body's way of telling you it needs something. Perhaps you can try some of the solutions in the table before going straight to chocolate?wz481pa6al4m.jpg
  • lecoman
    lecoman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have one Hershey miniature a day. 42 calories. It keeps the chocolate demon quiet and eases the stretch between lunch and dinner.
  • subwaysimpson1
    Options
    I enjoy skinny cow ice cream treats. Some are as low as 100 calories and are delicious!
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One brownies, sometimes I will add a little lite Hershey's syrup to a banana, lowfat milk or to my Oikos greek yogurt.
  • piggsies
    piggsies Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I find that I don't enjoy chocolate in small amounts really, so I just try to eat very 'clean' during the week and then on either saturday or sunday I'll allow myself to eat a bar of high quality mint dark chocolate. Some might just say to eat a small piece each day to practice moderation, but I enjoy it more this way. I also find that even though I 'allow' myself to eat the entire bar, I usually find that I've had enough about 1/2-3/4 of the way through (and i stop :p)
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    shellyb17 wrote: »
    I like Fiber One brownies, sometimes I will add a little lite Hershey's syrup to a banana, lowfat milk or to my Oikos greek yogurt.

I ate Fiber One Brownies, until I read all the crap they put in them. It's no better than eating a candy bar, except it's a smaller portion.

OP, if you want chocolate, just eat chocolate. Preferably real chocolate bars, or on occasion a real chocolate PB cup (Justin's). Here are some good brands of chocolate to look for: Endangered Species, Equal Exchange (fair trade + Organic), Lindt, Taza (stoneground, and my personal favorite), Chocolove, Newman's Own, Green & Black's, Theo, really anything that is all natural or organic.

Real chocolate should only have like 3-5 ingredients listed. And watch out for alkalizers! Alkalized cocoa has reduced antioxidant properties. Companies use alkali to remove some of the "bitterness" in chocolate, but it tastes better natural, IMO. It will say in the ingredients "processed with alkali". Avoid it.

You don't have to feel guilty if 1) You're eating REAL chocolate, 2) It's 60% or darker, not alkalized 3) You have one portion at a time.

Just have the real thing. It'll be indulgent, but well worth it!
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh, also, Justin's makes some awesome Chocolate Almond Butter and Chocolate Hazelnut Butter that comes in single serving packets for less than 200 cals each :)
  • stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I thought I was craving heroin but I really just wanted potato peel broth