Extremely Clean eating Celiac that works out and can't stop gaining weight, help!

Options
I need help. I was diagnosed with Celia's disease over 8 years who. So I eat extremely clean. Right now I eat around 1000 calories a day. Mostly veggies but some fruit in the morning and mostly chicken. Nothing processed or packaged ever! I work out for 1 1/2 hours in am and walk for 1/2 hour at night 6 days a week. I do a mix of Pilates, weights,yoga, dance. In the last month I have gained 8 lbs which I have not weighed in over two years and now I can't get it off but keep going up! I am very frustrated as my clothes are too tight now and I feel the extra weight.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Unless your 6 years old your not gaining weight on 1000 calories a day. I suspect there's more going on than your admitting to.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Saying you eat "around" 1000 calories is meaningless unless you are truly logging what you eat.

I used to think I knew "around" how much I ate. I was also all... oh, I'm a clean eating whole foods celiac vegetarian!!!!

I was simply eating too much for my height and age.

I didn't find this out until I started logging my food intake.

Get a digital food scale. Weigh your solids, measure you liquids.
    Log what you eat.
    Find out what your actual intake is. Go from there.

Use this site or an online calculator like scooby's or iifym's to calculate a deficit to lose weight. Continue logging, and you will lose weight.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Go to a doctor. If what you're saying is true, you have a MUCH larger problem than weight gain.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Start to weigh and log your food accurately and with care

Everything you eat and drink

You are eating more than you think
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    "Clean" does not equal "low calorie." As pp's have said, until you're weighing your food and know how much you're REALLY taking in, you can't say you're gaining weight on1000 cals a day.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The last time I thought I knew how much I was eating it turned out I was eating about 1000 calories more. Is this another one of those cases where someone is convinced because they're eating 'clean' that everything else like calorie control will work itself out automatically?
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Have your thyroid checked! Up your cals - your body thinks it is starvation mode. You may wish to switch your way of eating - Investigate KETO or. LCHF. Just suggestions.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Celiac and hasimoto thyroiditis have been associated as two auto immune disorders that can happen at the same time. The thyroid is an important hormone producing gland that can cause significant weight gain if it isn't functioning properly. Has your doctor checked your thyroid levels? It is a simple blood test to determine if you have the antibodies present in your blood.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What are your current height and weight?

Open your diary.

Have you been tested for other autoimmune diseases?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eating clean doesn't mean, eating in a deficit. Are you using a food scale? Open your diary.
  • Trintrin79
    Options
    No, I watch weigh and measure everything that goes into my mouth. I actually cut down my sugar intake (which was from my coffee creamer) right before I started gaining. I seriously can only eat veggies, fruit and non processed meats. I am allergic to everything, soy, corn, rice. Everything constipated me and I swell, so I am very strict on what goes into my body. I noticed the increase again once I cut back sugar, upped my protein (added 4oz chicken breast cooked in either coconut oil or olive oil. If I cut back on anything more I will be starving myself. The doctors acurrently are taking care of a bacterial overgrowth in my intestines so again, had to pretty much cut out my fruit. I'm on a low residue/fiber diet. Checking my digestive system now, I feel like a test rat
  • Trintrin79
    Options
    I will discuss my thyroid with them, they tested it about 8 years ago when I was diagnosed with celiacs
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You are eating more than you think. If you are certain that you aren't under estimating your portion sizes then you are probably using the wrong number of calories per ounce.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Trintrin79 wrote: »
    I need help. I was diagnosed with Celia's disease over 8 years who. So I eat extremely clean. Right now I eat around 1000 calories a day. Mostly veggies but some fruit in the morning and mostly chicken. Nothing processed or packaged ever! I work out for 1 1/2 hours in am and walk for 1/2 hour at night 6 days a week. I do a mix of Pilates, weights,yoga, dance. In the last month I have gained 8 lbs which I have not weighed in over two years and now I can't get it off but keep going up! I am very frustrated as my clothes are too tight now and I feel the extra weight.

What is your weight and height?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Again, if what you are saying is true, go see a doctor.
  • Trintrin79
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I now weigh 110. I was at 102 a month ago. I'm dead on with my food journal
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    I see. I'm out.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Try actually logging your food.
    I bet you are eating way more than you think you are
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Trintrin79 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 and I now weigh 110. I was at 102 a month ago. I'm dead on with my food journal

You say this.....yet you have a lot of blank days
  • Trintrin79
    Options
    I was logged in on my phone in one account and on my main computer as another. I just realized it and lost everything on my phone, so I now have to start my journal over. Not to be rude, but I asked for help not to be ridiculed. I really want help but to get to where I want I know I have to be honest and up front. It would be stupid for me to get on here and lie, I was looking for actual help