What is your weigh-in day?

Good morning. I joined MFP recently and love what I have seen so far. I decided to make Saturday my weigh-in day. I find that doing it on that day keeps me "honest" on Fridays (no happy hour binges!) and gives me a boost on the weekend. If I have lost weight I want to protect that loss and then build on it. If I have gained I know it is time to double down and refocus. Anyone else out there like Saturday weigh-ins? What day works for you? Let's do this!!! :)

Replies

• MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    I weigh myself everyday. The app I use averages my week and I go with that. My issue with once a week weigh-ins is that I can manipulate the scale and almost cheat it. I rather see my daily fluctuation.
  • Magen_rutland
    Magen_rutland Posts: 3 Member
    I weigh in every morning also.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    I also weight in every morning...mostly because I like to keep on top of the daily fluctuations...while a big drop once a week is exciting, any sort of rise, or even a stand still is demotivating for me. Not so much though, when I see all what my body went through the whole week!!

BUT! My *main* weigh in day, when I also take my measurements and try to calculate my body fat% is on Fridays. That way I dont have to stress on the weekends and feel guilty about spending time with friends / taking kiddo out or anything, and have the rest of the week to get on track before my next weigh in/measurement day.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Every day. If things go bad a particular day/weekend/whatever, I can then look at all the past zig-zags and know it's just temporary. Also to get a real trend you need more data points, and I want to see how my real trend changes so I can tweak things if need be. But I know that many people are happier with weekly weigh-ins and some even use measurements or a belt instead of the scale.

• ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    edited March 2015
    Usually on a Monday but I think I might change that to everyday just to know my fluctuations.
  • deniztuzu2
    deniztuzu2 Posts: 77 Member
    I weigh every morning but take the Sunday reading as the reference point.
  • blufforbust
    blufforbust Posts: 22 Member
    I weigh in everyday. It keeps me honest and I'm able to watch my fluctuations in weight. I also synced the app to the health app. It is an excellent combo and is makes it interesting to track my food. 81days in a row today.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    I weigh most days, but Saturday's weight is the one I log.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    MaryCS62 wrote: »
    I weigh most days, but Saturday's weight is the one I log.

Gonna start doing that...just weighed myself 5 minutes ago and I gained a pound. But I'm gonna continue to log in on Mondays.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    I weigh daily, but typically only record my weight on Friday.
  • gibbsgirl76693
    gibbsgirl76693 Posts: 22 Member
    I weigh every other day or so but only log it if there is a loss. I know weight loss isn't linear, but I like to see a downward trend on my progress graph. ;)
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Me too: every day. I accept the fluctuations. I have noticed little things, like if I have much salt, my weight goes up a little because of water. I'm getting better at thinking about my weight instead of the taste of a food when I'm trying to decide whether to eat something.
  • jwells62
    jwells62 Posts: 6 Member
    I weigh every day to get an idea of my fluctuations, but my "weigh-in" is Monday morning. My workout Schedule is M-Sat with Rest on Sunday (Though I work a part-time restaurant job and walk 6-7 miles that day). The low fluctuations in the week give me motivation that it's working, and the high fluctuations give a reminder that I need to stick to the plan. A couple of bad food/booze days can negate the 6 hard workouts.
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Thank you for your replies everyone! I actually check my weight on a daily basis as well but use Saturdays as a my reference point. I see a lot of value in staying on yop of my fluctuations as well. I really thought I was alone in this! It is nice to know that I am in excellent company. :)
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Every Saturday, the fluctuations would drive me completely bonkers
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    Every Sunday!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    i weigh every day but log on friday
  • desirail
    desirail Posts: 49 Member
    Every day but I record on Monday.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Every single day - - and I track using The Hacker's Diet (someone posted a link to this in the forums way back when I started). I like their graphs better than MFP's. It took a while to get comfortable seeing the fluctuations though. :)

I officially report my weight loss/gain on Wednesdays during the weight loss support group meetings I've held at work since 2010.

• gaeo189
    gaeo189 Posts: 29 Member
    I weigh myself everyday. The app I use averages my week and I go with that. My issue with once a week weigh-ins is that I can manipulate the scale and almost cheat it. I rather see my daily fluctuation.

What app do you use?
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    I weigh myself intermittently through the week but log on Thursdays and Mondays. Thursday so I know what kind of weekend I can have and Monday so I know how rigorous the week has to be to make up for it. >:)
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    I weigh daily & log with "happy scale" to see & understand daily fluctuations. I log losses with MFP to keep calorie needs accurate. I've tried a specific day weigh-ins & it makes it so much worse for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I weigh myself pretty much daily but my official day is Wednesday. Your body weight is like a wave...it is always fluctuating. There have been studies that illustrate that Wednesday or Thursday is typically when people are lightest. I'm usually lightest on Thursday with Wednesday's weight generally being somewhere right smack in the middle of my heavy day and my light day.
  • Elle562018
    Elle562018 Posts: 89 Member
    I weigh every Saturday.
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    I was a daily weigher for a long time. Multiple times a day in fact. This was more to see the fluctuations throughout the week and I thought I needed at least daily in order to be accountable.

I now weigh in once a week, on Saturday. This has helped me a lot in that it has allowed me to have the confidence that I don't need the scale as much as I previously thought I did in order to reach my goals.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Every day and whenever i feel like it. Its just data.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    I weigh in Sunday mornings. It just happened to be the day I started weighing in.
    I record the weight and don't step on the scale until the next week.
  • marine172064
    marine172064 Posts: 28 Member
    Every morning.... :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Once a week - Sunday morning. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited March 2015

How can you manipulate the scale, and why would you want to? Isn't that only cheating yourself? ;)