what do u think about drinking milk?

Options
Hi all.what u guys think about drinking milk on diet.

Replies

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I always drink milk, low fat though :)
    We drink approx. 20 litres per week
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Milk is delicious. And a necessity (to me) in tea or coffee. Just log it and keep within your daily macros. Also--skim milk is sad...do at least 2% or whole milk if you have the calories...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I occasionally drink skim (I actually prefer the flavor over 2% or full fat). Mostly I get my dairy from yogurt and cheese and use milk in my tea.
  • dechelonian
    dechelonian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always drink milk, mostly with my coffee. I also like having some cheese as a snack :)
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Idk about others but I have a lot more energy (and feel a lot more happier and healthier) since I went dairy and meat free.
  • wintergirl992015
    wintergirl992015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk. Yummy!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I drink 3.5% homogenized milk, and 2% Chocolate Milk almost daily. hasn't hindered me at all.

Why would it?
  • civilhokie
    civilhokie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I never drink milk because it causes inflammation in the body. Also if you think about it a cow lets her calf drink milk so he will grow to be a 300lb beast. No animal in the wild drinks milk after they are full grown. When I quit drinking milk my allergies disappeared and I generally feel better. Educate yourself and do what you feel is best for you! Good luck!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I love milk! But I worry that the intent of cows milk is to make baby cows big, and how much do baby cows gain in a year?

However, when I went Paleo, and drank almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, I hated all of them. And I felt so deprived.

So, milk stays...I am addicted to dairy. One dietician who looked at my food diary commented that I eat a lot of dairy products. And felt I should reduce cheese.
  • clockworkdancer
    clockworkdancer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to eat dairy all the time (namely cheese) but then I stopped and feel so much better. I think that dairy isn't something people should have when they get older. I know many people who have stopped eating dairy and said they felt better. When you think about it, when you drink milk you're getting all the natural hormones from the mamma cow that was intended for the calf. Should people be drinking that? I'm sure there are other ways to get calcium. Any thoughts?
  • Anadeusz1987
    Anadeusz1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk. Yummy!

It taste like water and its over priced
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    why couldn't you drink milk on a diet?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    civilhokie wrote: »
    I never drink milk because it causes inflammation in the body. Also if you think about it a cow lets her calf drink milk so he will grow to be a 300lb beast. No animal in the wild drinks milk after they are full grown. When I quit drinking milk my allergies disappeared and I generally feel better. Educate yourself and do what you feel is best for you! Good luck!
    I used to eat dairy all the time (namely cheese) but then I stopped and feel so much better. I think that dairy isn't something people should have when they get older. I know many people who have stopped eating dairy and said they felt better. When you think about it, when you drink milk you're getting all the natural hormones from the mamma cow that was intended for the calf. Should people be drinking that? I'm sure there are other ways to get calcium. Any thoughts?

Solid first posts. <sarcasm>

Man has this keen sense to be able to harness and think beyond most animals to gather foods from anywhere, and derive it into a sustainable source.

There are other animals in the world that drink others milk.
    Cats will drink most types of milk, even feral cats will try to steal milk from the teats of elephant seals.

Pending a medical condition cows milk is a solid form of nutrition, and very healthy.

People who say they fell better after cutting dairy - what else did they cut?
    How much dairy were they consuming daily?
    Did they increase exercise?
    Was it because they were eating too much?
    Vague suggestions are vague

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    why couldn't you drink milk on a diet?

I had the same question ...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    picgifs-nope-6955619.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Love my milk. I'm glad my ancestors accepted the drunk dare to see how that stuff that came out of cow teats tastes.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options

<3
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

OhLordy.gif#lordy%20no%20400x242
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

Man has this keen sense to be able to harness and think beyond most animals to gather foods from anywhere, and derive it into a sustainable source.

So very true. Like all mammals, we stop drinking milk from our own species in childhood but man had figured out how to domesticate, harvest, and use milk from many species (cows, goats, sheep, camels, yaks, etc) because they have seen the nutritional benefits.

Ages ago I had a history professor tell us that, just prior to the potato failure, the Irish peasants were the healthiest in Europe because they mostly ate a diet of potatoes and milk which, when combined, made for almost complete nutrition.

• Anadeusz1987
    Anadeusz1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to stop drinking milk for about 4 weeks and I'll see how it works.