Any Shortie women 5'0 -5'2 success stories?

Options

Replies

• laurat2422
    laurat2422 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 3/4 and 150, aiming for 125. I have weighed as low as 102 when I was younger but I'm pushing 60 and I think 125-130 should be a good weight. I look fat any higher! Tall people have it made cause they can eat more!
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and this is my progress since the beginning of Jan:

ulldzyl1gsle.jpg
    fn9kripk2qcy.jpg
    aenfn1zkd0em.jpg
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @cocobongo that's a fab difference since jan, well done!
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    laurat2422 wrote: »
    I'm 5'2 3/4 and 150, aiming for 125. I have weighed as low as 102 when I was younger but I'm pushing 60 and I think 125-130 should be a good weight. I look fat any higher! Tall people have it made cause they can eat more!

I hear you!!!
  • vacanfield
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and trying to get down to 110. Ugh, it takes sooo long. I weigh 122.5, I started at 134 two years ago. Did WW, got down to 122. Went up to 130 during the summer. I started counting calories in September and hit this weight about a month a go. So basically 8 pounds in four months at 1200 calories a day. Being short really sucks when it comes to weight loss. It doesn't help being pre-menopause.
  • hh07
    hh07 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and started at 210lbs on 5 January this year. Currently down to 187lb with a medium term goal of 175lbs by a holiday at the end of April and a longer term goal of 133lbs although will adjust that goal as I get closer.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Nikkkosmom wrote: »
    I rarely am hungry in 1200 cals believe it or not

Me too.
  • ycel0612
    ycel0612 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and currently at 132 lbs. Started my weight loss regime with 148 lbs. At my lowest I'm 118 but gained weight during the holiday season. Well I'm starting over again and looking forward in losing 26 lbs this year
  • emipunk1
    emipunk1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im looking for motivation/friends from SHORTIES that know the struggle of trying to lose weight. When you're short being heavy is so hard. Im going on week three everday at gym cardio and weights and lost about 6.5 lbs... Goal is 70!
    Same here 5ft 2 and need to loose 70lbs
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Im looking for motivation/friends from SHORTIES that know the struggle of trying to lose weight. When you're short being heavy is so hard. Im going on week three everday at gym cardio and weights and lost about 6.5 lbs... Goal is 70!

Hi, I'm a shortie at 5'2.5"; 65 years old and I've lost 43lbs out of 50lbs. I've gone from a size 14/16 to a size 6/8 Petite.

It's been slow going because of age but very doable. I found the balance that worked for me losing approximately 2lbs per month exercising 4xs per week with resistance training, some cardio, and rest days with some walking.

It's taken me over a year but logging everything on MFP, balancing my protein, carbs, and fat, and eating enough calories to support my exercise puts me very close to maintenance.

Bonus! Learned so much about nutrition by reading through the forums and exploring on my own. No more yo-yo dieting for me. MFP forever.

Best regards -
  • suzfirebird
    suzfirebird Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'2" and 32 years old. CW:175 GW:135 I have been 188 and lowest of 121. Never giving up and starting again. I go to the gym 3/4 days a week and am lifting weights and cardio. Feel free to add me!
  • fordterri75
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'2" and about 5 years ago I was at 210-215. Since, I've lost about 75 lbs. I think I've managed to keep it off for so long because it was a long, slow process. In the beginning I was dead set on getting to my goal weight, but once I lost the first 40, life happened. I would lose 20, gain 10, maintain for months, gain, lose, yadda yadda. I'm around 133 now, and have decided to focus this year on health and fitness instead of weight, though I do hope to lose a little bit more!

• yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" & during two pregnancies gained about 40lbs. When the children were two and three, my workout journey began. I started very small with running 10 minutes on the treadmill at home. I kept that going and made it part of my daily schedule. Then I started to go to my HOA gym. I learned to work on those excercise machines. Long story short, I kept workout in my schedule consistently! Now, 16 years into it (last 8 years I've been a gym goer)....I'm fit and firm!!! Never looked better and felt better...healthier and happier!! My friend, the key is being consistent!! Make your workout and eating healthy your priority!!
  • micheledennis78
    micheledennis78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These pictures are an inspiration for sure! Love being able to come to the forums and see peoples progress. But seeing people in my own height range is 10 times better. It gives me realistic inspiration!! I'm 5' 0" HW:195 CW:179 GW:120. I have a long ways to go, but I hope one day soon I'll be posting my progress pictures and inspiring others too! :)
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' .5 the 1/2 counts LOL and I am 28

Started 268 .... 200.8 currently 1/2 way to my goal would like to get to 134(half my starting weight) and then re-evaluate

eating better, watching portions, working out (huge Jillian Michael's fan). Started March 10 2014 ... took me a year to loose the 68 ... however Thanksgiving to Mid January I really didn't watch as much and barely worked out. Back at it. Feel free to add me. :)
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 0.
    My heaviest weight was 161.3 (Sept. 2011)
    I hit my goal weight of 120 lbs in April 2012 (lost 41.3 lbs). I have gained some back over the last couple years (I currently weigh 134.2). Looking to get back to 120 lbs!
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yay for the shorties. Struggling to do all my 14 times tables to work out all your lbs in stones and lbs but getting there! I'm 5'1" and in February was over 11 stones - I think it was 11 stone 2 but I was in such shock at hitting the 11 I didn't even check the rest! (So over 154lb. Last time I was that weight was pregnant. Weigh in last week I was 10 stone 12 (152lb) The lightest I've been since having kids was 8 stone 12 (124lb) in 2009. When I was a teenager the lightest was more like 8 and a half stone (119lb). Realistically I think 9 stone I could maintain. I would look hot at 8 and a half! But getting under 10 stone would be a real biggy for me at the moment. It just seems so blinking far away!!!

It's tough being short with the appetite of an adult! Also, since having kids my weight sits in different places. In uni I was overweight (10 stone 7 at the lowest) but didn't have a blobby belly - it was on boobs and thighs. Now though it's just everywhere! And my belly/waist situation needs some serious addressing.

I'm 32 so need to sort myself out now. Last time I dieted it came off my boobs which I'm not looking forward to as they just seem sad and empty but I can hide that. I don't want to get any older this size as I'm scared that my face skin wouldn't handle the weightloss well.

Got to do this steadily.

Also - on the short side of things - I know that supermodels aren't realistic as inspiration so I try to look for short ideals like Caroline Flack - I'm never going to have long legs but I'd like slim and shapely!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    45 year old, 5'1" shortie here and am looking to lose about 15 lbs. I've gained a few pounds this winter so I'm back on the exercise track (running, bicycling, Stronglifts) and watching what I eat. Feel free to add me since I'm on MFP on a daily basis.
  • sharmaynet
    sharmaynet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you think us shorties have it harder weight wise?? My best friend is nearly 6 foot and although she is very over weight too at nearly 250lbs. There is no way she looks as "fat" as me!!! I'm 5ft 1 at 165lbs. Do you ladies Find this too??
    Having said that I just love being short, when I'm slim that is!! haha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!