Not hungry

Options
aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
I have only eaten 600 + calories for the day. Im not hungry and really don't want to eat much more, but I know thats not enough.
I was under yesterday also

So my question is, should I eat more or not worry about it? Im sure I will be right on if not over tomorrow, so does that even out?

Replies

• jhoffman27
    jhoffman27 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Eat or you'll go into starvation mode. I posted a topic on this earlier:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239037-not-hungry-anymore
    :happy:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal if you're under for one or two days, but you need to make a bigger effort to meet your calorie goal.
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I would try drinking your calories.. It's not good to be that far under.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Try having something small like nuts, peanut butter, almonds, etc.
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    you have to get at least close to 1200. I find the days I eat when I am not hungry are the days I lose the most, but I always eat those calories.
  • aneajo
    Options
    I usually do not have a problem with this. And I thought I was eating alot today, but when I put it in, it wasn't much at all.

The bonus was the stuff I thought would be high in cals wasn'ts, so now I know that for the future.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    you NEED AT LEAST 1000-1200 cals/day to lose weight in a healthy way and to be able to maintain keeping it off after!! It's best to try spreading your food out over the day to give you more opportunities to add some things in! Things I would recommend adding in to try to bulk up your cals and not make you feel stuffed are cheese (string, cottage, or even shredded to meals), nuts and seeds for snacks, natural fruit juices, a glass of milk with meals, maybe a protein shake??? you have got to eat more!!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Try a protein shake or a smoothie with protein powder. Get as close to 1200 as possible...especially if you worked out today. There were a couple days this week that I didn't hit 1200 but I have had a stomach flu. So I would count that as the exception. I agree with the "try drinking it" theory. It is pretty warm here so a smoothie sounds fantastic to me! :)
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I usually do not have a problem with this. And I thought I was eating alot today, but when I put it in, it wasn't much at all.

The bonus was the stuff I thought would be high in cals wasn'ts, so now I know that for the future.

are you sure you are measuring everything, and measuring and entering it accurately?? you may wanna double check...you would be surprised how little certain ounces or tsps something actually really is?!
  • aneajo
    Options
    Try a protein shake or a smoothie with protein powder. Get as close to 1200 as possible...especially if you worked out today. There were a couple days this week that I didn't hit 1200 but I have had a stomach flu. So I would count that as the exception. I agree with the "try drinking it" theory. It is pretty warm here so a smoothie sounds fantastic to me! :)

I might make myself a smoothie before kids go to bed (so I don't wake them up with the blender :) )
  • aneajo
    Options

are you sure you are measuring everything, and measuring and entering it accurately?? you may wanna double check...you would be surprised how little certain ounces or tsps something actually really is?!

Im crazy about measuring when Im home. I guess I just made really good choices today, just not a good combo.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Undereating for one or two days WILL NOT put you in starvation mode; that takes weeks, sometimes months to occur depending on how much excess fat you have. Don't worry about short-lived loss of appetite. However, if you find you're unable to meet the minimum net calorie goal (1,200 for women) for several days in a row, please consult a doctor. When you do eat, make sure it's a good balance of quality carbs, protein and fat.