Need some motivation from you kind people

Options
I am now on my 13th day of working in a row and still have 6 more to go. Im tired and exhausted and would appreciate some words of advice and maybe some of ur success stories to keep me going :-)

Replies

• PS1959
    PS1959 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The motivation waves, and it does get hard. I have a photo of myself at my largest on the refridge with the saying under it, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". It helps me take that step back and realize my goal.
  • melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Ugh hopefully you are planning something good for yourself when you finally get a day off. Hopefully you are finding some time to workout for me cardio gives me the energy to get through my day. I also believe it's important to listen to your body so get as much rest as you can and eat healthy! You need to fuel your body as efficiently *kitten* possible right now.
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Try taking a power nap, even if it means going to the loo and hiding there (not joking!) because you will burn out otherwise. It makes a massive difference and allows you to reenergise a little.

If you are exercising, keep it low impact for the moment and not more than 30 mins a day for self preservation. Find some way to give yourself 10 to 15 minutes to do something totally different!

I've been there, done that, got the T. Shirts - the one that said "I survived 5 months in an asylum", I threw away! (Joking about the t.shirt but not about the asylum!)

Nothing in this world is worth it!

I'm a successful consultant today, delivering to executive clients, generally in a 40 hour week, with the exceptional push to 60 hours once a quarter. What changed and contributed to my successful turnaround from burnout to quality of life...?

I developed the ability to say "NO"! You may still find it difficult, so then ask yourself, "Whose permission do I need... to say "No."?

Sending strength and courage to you.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you wnat motivating about. Is it just having to do all those consecutive nights at work or is it something to do with the diet?

If its just working a lot, then it gets dull, but you are 2/3 way through and it will end. Presumably you get money which has its uses. I think you just have to get on with it becayse its going to happen whether you like it or not. Keep in mind it will end, so just focus and take it one day at a time. Cover the basics, eat well (balanced nutritious diet), hydrate, chill when you are away and get enough sleep. thats how you take care of yourself.

If its hard and you are worried about the diet or eating over calories, then exception circumstances can leave it open for you to eat more claories and go to maintenance levels. Try and focus, maybe even prelog food that will fit your calorie limits and is nutritous. In turn that will give you the slow release of energy you need to stave off hunger, sugar dips etc.

I dont know how its affecting diet/ exercise as its unclear. Dont stress out. Its not the end of the world if you put it on hold or cnat do as much as youd like. Just weather the storm and you cna pick up where you left off. Keeping your mind in a good place and feeling in control of dealing with your journey is important. Its not a race, exceptional circs have happened so cut yourself some slack.