Shakeology Alternative?

Options
Hi I'm buying the 21 Day Fix Extreme Today & I was just wondering if I can buy a meal replacement powder that is cheaper than Shakeology? Or if I don't but shakeology, if I will still get results? Honestly I want an opinion from someone that is not a beach body coach. I know you guys get commission off of it. I just want an honest opinion.

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I've met one person who really liked Shakeology because she actually liked the taste of it. As far as results are concerned though, keep in a calorie deficit and you will still lose weight. Keep your protein up and stay within a reasonable calorie deficit and you will get results :smile:
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    As a beachbody coach.. Shakeology is an aquired taste.. Either you like it or you don't. For me.. I like it.. Only chocolate though... And I have lost weight drinking one shake a day and eating as healthy as possible. But you can still succeed in the 21 day without drinking it. It is expensive.. But it's an investment in your health "if" you like it and want to spend the money. But with you sticking to the meal plan and workouts with the 21 day fix... You will do great!
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm a BB coach but I'll tell you that you can still lose weight and get results from the 21DFX without shakeology. I work at a health food store and am always getting free product from reps for protein powders. I've tried a good 20+ brands between working at a gym and there. There must be some combo with shakeology that's not in any others that prevents me from bingeing in the evenings. That's why I stick with it.

The next best thing that I would go for would be Garden of Life Raw Meal. See if you can get a few of the single serving packets to try before buying a whole container. It tastes best in a blender rather than plain old shaker cup but if you're in a hurry it's still fine.
  • rance50
    rance50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    isopure perfect low carb meal replacement is what I'm using. bodybuilding.com has it for $40 a 20box. 42g protein plus 50% of your RDA for most of your vitamins. I compared it to advocare's 24 day challenge and herbalife's starter kits and it blew them out of the water.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm buying the 21 Day Fix Extreme Today & I was just wondering if I can buy a meal replacement powder that is cheaper than Shakeology? Or if I don't but shakeology, if I will still get results? Honestly I want an opinion from someone that is not a beach body coach. I know you guys get commission off of it. I just want an honest opinion.

My opinion is that you don't need powders, especially an overpriced one like Shakeology.
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm a BB coach but I'll tell you that you can still lose weight and get results from the 21DFX without shakeology. I work at a health food store and am always getting free product from reps for protein powders. I've tried a good 20+ brands between working at a gym and there. There must be some combo with shakeology that's not in any others that prevents me from bingeing in the evenings. That's why I stick with it.

The next best thing that I would go for would be Garden of Life Raw Meal. See if you can get a few of the single serving packets to try before buying a whole container. It tastes best in a blender rather than plain old shaker cup but if you're in a hurry it's still fine.

I agree! When I have my Shakeology for the day.. I find that I'm not "picking" in the evenings! Great advice!