Kettlebell

Options
I was looking to add some kettlebell work outs to my routine, can anyone recommend a good dvd or program?

Replies

• hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    jillian michaels shred it with weights, love it! I love my kettlebell
  • msmonique95
    msmonique95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Jillian Michaels Kettlebell workout and it's GREAT!!! I highly recommend it.
  • INKSFITNESS
    Options
    Kettlebells are awesome for core strength and buring calories! You can get quite a cardio workout doing it the right way. I have seem some dvds at Best Buy and Walmart. Many local recreation centers also now have classes where you can go learn technique and form, then do it yourself at home. I am hooked on it,
  • Luvlex4
    Luvlex4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Kettlebells!
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    I love kettlebell workout!

"Art of Strength" has great kettlebell workout DVDs, but they are pretty pricey.

I have both Paul Katami's Kettlebell Drills and Kettlebell Kombos, and I highly recommend these two DVDs. Both DVDs have the same "34-minute kettlebell tutorial", if you are new to kettlebell workout, the tutorial is a must. Paul Katami is a kettlebell training certified instructor, that's why I got his DVDs, and I'm very happy I did.

You can check out the DVDs detials and watch a little preview at collagevideo.com
  • phgk
    phgk Posts: 29
    Options
    I just started the kettleworx 6 week program. Only on the 2nd day, but so far I like it a lot. A friend of mine has been doing it for awhile, and she loves the kettleworx DVD's. They are only 20 minutes, so for a mom with 3 kids it is very doable...no excuses :)
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I have two DVDs on reserve at my local library:
    1. Absolute Beginners Kettlebell 3-in1
    2. Power Body Kettlebell Bootcamp with Angie Miller

Not sure if I can use them in my small apartment. I've heard horror stories about people swinging them into their TVs, walls, furniture, etc.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Andrea Ducane's Goddess video or Pavel Tsatsouline "From Russia with Tough Love". The instructors are certified to teach kettlebells and therefore, aren't going to teach you the wrong way, unlike some of the videos i've seen from walmart.... you can get them from dragondoor.com.
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Check out Lauren Brooks DVD's, she is one of the best instructors, and she teaches the correct posture, which is so important with kettlebells. She also has some youtube videos that will give you an idea of a real kettlebell workout.

Good luck and enjoy!!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ugh, burpees.....:p
  • mnchkn0408
    mnchkn0408 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone. I got my kettlebell today and youtube a few videos till I can get a dvd. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow! :bigsmile:
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels shred it with weights, love it! I love my kettlebell

Me too! I have been doing her DVD since December and I still love it. Awesome calorie burn too.
  • Michelle_Murray
    Michelle_Murray Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love my kettlebell too. I workout with a trainer and I always feel the workout more when we use kettlebells. I just got my own for home. I got the Bob Harper one from Target. It comes with a 30 minute dvd too.

Have fun! It's a little awkward at first, but you'll grow to love it. :smile: