Completed my first 5k then stuffed my face!

Options
I am really really really happy for myself. I finally ran an entire 5k which is a feat for me considering how last year I couldn't even run for 3 minutes straight. My time was 30 min so I am definitely going to work up a better finish time.

Then I ate all the free food they had

apparently i dont know how to insert a picture

a.jpg

Replies

• rks6902
    rks6902 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am doing a 17 mile walk on Saturday, first one ever and am scared about failure but excited to try. We have the power to do these things.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Way to go! I've done a few 5K's myself and loved every minute of it. I'm working my way up to doing a marathon soon (hopefully).
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    a.jpg
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Great job... I am running one next Saturday...I think I am going to be in the 40 minute range, but ya gotta start somewhere.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Well done and hearty congrats! WOOOOOOO! :flowerforyou: Whatta high, right?

I"m relieved you didn't run w/ that wig on - would get too hot! :laugh:
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Lol, haven't done a race yet, but run between four an six miles most mornings. Sometimes, up to ten on the weekends.

Leaves me ravenous, I have become quite the little piglet. Just try to make good choices as to what food I put in my face and stay under my calorie goal.

Still losing, so don't worry about it too much!
  • Bigtunatina
    Bigtunatina Posts: 44
    Options
    Got the picture to work. yeah i realize that 5k is baby steps. I want to tackle a half marathon in the future. Really exhilarating and getting into running now.

Its just really nice to be able to do something healthy and not feel like death afterwards.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    It is an accomplishment, be proud of yourself!

Was just reminding you to not feel bad about stuffing yourself afterwards :-)
  • Bigtunatina
    Bigtunatina Posts: 44
    Options
    O yeah. well I certainly ate a lot. lol. a couple of sandwiches, Popsicle, cookie, taco, i am adding the food now into my diary. BUT - thank you everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!