Anyone else going the herbalife diet? If so can you recommend any low calorie but high protein snack

Options

Replies

• TenishaMallick
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I get that people of the MFP do not like Herbalife. But expensive eating habits are not new, and as long as it's a deficit, who gives a flying flick who uses Herbalife? I may fork out $7 for a shake at my nearby "wellness" center every now and then because they have the tastiest M*Fing shakes I've tried so.... who the flip cares.

Because of the links posted about how they aren't safe?

They're also super tasty because 1/3 of them is sugar (36 of the 90 calories).

Sugar content isn't a problem for me cos I only eat one meal so generally don't go over and the links could just be bad publicity you shouldn't believe everything you read there are also a lot of positive and success stories out there too. Oh and many things are not safe in life that people still do like smoking, drinking alcohol, eating fast food, consuming to much salt and sugar etc causes many health problems but many of us partake in at least one or two bad habits which aren't great for our health. Why are you so against it is it personal experience or personal opinion?
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I get that people of the MFP do not like Herbalife. But expensive eating habits are not new, and as long as it's a deficit, who gives a flying flick who uses Herbalife? I may fork out $7 for a shake at my nearby "wellness" center every now and then because they have the tastiest M*Fing shakes I've tried so.... who the flip cares.

Everything I've read from a simple Google doesn't even conclude matter of factly that Herbalife is dangerous for the majority of the population. Weak links between Herbalife and liver cancer, or lead content or "toxinzzzz" doesn't correlate to Herbalife being bad in totality. And looking at the nutrition lables, I don't see anything worrisome. Especially looking at the "Nutritional Meal shake".

Scare tactics.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Sugar content isn't a problem for me cos I only eat one meal so generally don't go over and the links could just be bad publicity you shouldn't believe everything you read there are also a lot of positive and success stories out there too. Oh and many things are not safe in life that people still do like smoking, drinking alcohol, eating fast food, consuming to much salt and sugar etc causes many health problems but many of us partake in at least one or two bad habits which aren't great for our health. Why are you so against it is it personal experience or personal opinion?

One of the links was for the National Library of Medicine. That's not "bad publicity".

You keep comparing eating "junk" food or sugar to smoking and drinking. Drinking alcohol, eating fast food and eating sugar are all fine in moderation. That means part of a balanced diet including lean meats, fruits and vegetables. Smoking is nothing like the others because you are knowingly doing something with no benefits that negatively impacts your health.

By all means drink a shake with low protein, which comes from soy, uses low quality synthetic vitamins and has lots of sugar. Versus learning a balanced diet that you and your family can sustain long term. All of the people I know who have followed a MLM shake diet (Herbalife, Body by Vi, Shakeology, Isagenix, MonaVie, etc.) have only had short term success.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lol
    Thx for all your comments though and PLS feel free to keep in touch & see how I'm doing and I welcome any further feedback and advice just don't really want to hear negative opinions cos ur killing my vibe

If you only want to hear positive opinions about something you are pursuing, you may not want to post in the forums. I'm not saying this to be mean. But this is a public forum, and people are allowed to agree or disagree as they wish on here as long as it is within the community guidelines. If that's not something you're looking for, it may be best to avoid the forums.

And why should I do that, I wanted to speak to people in the same situation as myself and for a reason unknown to me some people choose to post negativity like I said maybe in a mth I will understand why but like I've said it is my choice and to be honest I actually don't mind hearing both sides good and bad but I will respond if I don't agree also

And that's fine.
    But you cannot say you don't want to hear "negative opinions", because people are going to post their opinion on here regardless. What I was saying was that if this is something you don't want to deal with, it's best to avoid the forums. People are vocal on here.

And I can say it just like you can say what you want to that was your point wasn't it lol

You're missing my point.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    I was going to tabulate approximately how much time you guys that claim to not have time to make healthy meals spent replying to this thread, but it's not worth the effort. My point has been made on its own.

It takes a matter of seconds to reply to this rubbish & to be honest I don't know why I even am but then I also wonder why you are commenting on a post just to be negative as you have given no constructive feedback which is what I requested so excuse me for not caring about your point

caring
    Oh no, not the "vibe!"

Do you get a bigger calorie allowance if you log the "vibe?"

Did you lose a few calories thinking that up

Oh & just for your info I DEFO don't wish to take dietary and health advice from someone who has chocolate for breakfast & whose habits are just as bad as mine if not worse fair enough you eat but the *kitten* your eating you may aswell have a protein shake

Protein shakes aren't the solution. Anything is fine in moderation. Including chocolate for breakfast. That doesn't mean someone has bad eating habits, or they are unhealthy.
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    d rater have a shake that is healthy for me over a processed smart ones or lean cuisine meal.

so the processed meal is bad, but the processed powder is good?

Yup I can't follow the logic either.

I'm VERY familiar with Herbalife. There are worse things out there but guess what's way better?

FOOD.

<single employed mom and I make meals. Not hard, just a choice.

I completely agree eating healthy meals is the best option but I skip meals regularly as I don't have the time to plan prepare cook and even eat 3-5 healthy meals a day so this helps me coz this must be better than nothing at all or fast food that I really don't like, the shakes taste nice they give you some of what you'd get from a regular meal so I'm kl with that

Why don't you just eat whatever you're feeding your twins?

Very good point. Unless they're eating baby food mush lol

I choose to drink my meal in the form of a protein shake because although I do generally eat my main meal with my children everyday, they have lunch at school so I generally skip lunch as I am busy and don't like to eat in the morning I find the shake is bearable for me, Not too much, I also get on fine with smoothies & sometimes yoghurts for breakfast but often skip breakfast, the shakes work for me. It's not everyone's cuppa but I am liking it so far
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    I was going to tabulate approximately how much time you guys that claim to not have time to make healthy meals spent replying to this thread, but it's not worth the effort. My point has been made on its own.

It takes a matter of seconds to reply to this rubbish & to be honest I don't know why I even am but then I also wonder why you are commenting on a post just to be negative as you have given no constructive feedback which is what I requested so excuse me for not caring about your point

caring
    Oh no, not the "vibe!"

Oh & just for your info I DEFO don't wish to take dietary and health advice from someone who has chocolate for breakfast & whose habits are just as bad as mine if not worse fair enough you eat but the *kitten* your eating you may aswell have a protein shake
    It was aimed at the rude sarcastic one who commented 'oh no, the vibe....' Blah blah blah
    It's a she that some people can't be civil you don't have to agree with my choice but there is no need to get rude we can all be rude if we wish to be
  • TenishaMallick
    Options

caring
    Oh no, not the "vibe!"

who was that directed to?

Also why don't you just go out and buy a regular protein shake? The only difference between these and Herbalife is the latter is much more expensive

Oh and the price isn't an issue for me
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

caring
    Oh no, not the "vibe!"

It was aimed at the rude sarcastic one who commented 'oh no, the vibe....' Blah blah blah
    It's a she that some people can't be civil you don't have to agree with my choice but there is no need to get rude we can all be rude if we wish to be

Offering opinions that are different from your own =/= being uncivil or mean.

No one here has been mean to you. You are the one being defensive and criticizing another person's food diary.

Oh wait, I drank beer tonight......my opinion is probably irrelevant.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

I do, because I see them hurting vulnerable people in my community.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

There are SO many holes in your logic that you had better log a slice of Swiss cheese.

By the way, what you are saying about "many of us partake in at least one or two bad habits?" It's totally part of the Herbalife marketing spiel. No, not all of us have ANY bad health habits.
  • dsalveson
    dsalveson Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    ezgif-1391151752.gif
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    "I need the convenience and with my IBS it helps me determine and cut out foods that make it worse. Id rater have a shake that is healthy for me over a processed smart ones or lean cuisine meal."
    ^^^^ This is what was said!! I can not with my health issues eat those meals!!! Sure I could eat like you, would you like to pay my ER bills? Herbalife is worth it for me.

HA!! Herbalife will send you to the ER, so you might as well start saving up anyways... I know that cuz my best friend ended up there for taking that garbage stuff.

And she didn't lose the weight. Ironic.

Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll.gif

I have 2 people on my FB both obese and both sell herbalife constently telling people the weights falling off and they feel great. Then they try to get people to buy products from them. They've been using it and selling it for years. Both are still obese. Herbalife is sadly a pyramid scam, just do a little research and you can see it. Some people might feel benifits, some people feel great when given a placebo but studies are still in favour of lifestyle changes>products, for long term results.

Edit to add i've had herbalife and shakeology, back when i was 215lbs+ they didn't help one bit. Metamucil did though, so did my protein shakes... but i wasn't eating enough protein or fibre.

Stick with MFP and you'll see a difference as well as feel different.

Always do your own research and speak to your GP if you're thinking about trying a new product on the market. To many people lie to sell products. All the best Op

Thank you for your comment, I just wondered when you were using the product what didn't work for you and how long did you do it for pls and dos you lose any weight, did gain when you stopped and did you still feel hungry in between shakes, also did you suffer from any of the side affects or have to visit the hospital due to using this product?
  • TenishaMallick
    Options

There are SO many holes in your logic that you had better log a slice of Swiss cheese.

By the way, what you are saying about "many of us partake in at least one or two bad habits?" It's totally part of the Herbalife marketing spiel. No, not all of us have ANY bad health habits.

I didn't say all I said many and if you are one of the healthy people that eat and drink well exercise regularly don't have issues with your weight don't do anything unhealthy that is great I just wonder why the need to be a member on here then unless your a professional offering advice and support ??
  • TenishaMallick
    Options

And o wouldn't say eating chocolate for breakfast is a good habit but everyone's opinion is different, seems to me your preaching but you should worry about yourself rather than leaving sarcastic comments, I viewed your food diary a lot of things I wouldn't say are healthy and even go as far as saying are bad habits for example having chocolate for breakfast and just so you know I'm not criticising you just making a point everyone is different, have different opinions to what is good or bad
    Good luck with your goals and thanks for your sarcasm it made me giggle luckily I'm quite a sarcastic person too and find debates interested and challenging and not too sensitive to take it to heart as others could
    Take care
  • TenishaMallick
    Options

caring
    Oh no, not the "vibe!"

Offering opinions that are different from your own =/= being uncivil or mean.

No one here has been mean to you. You are the one being defensive and criticizing another person's food diary.

Oh wait, I drank beer tonight......my opinion is probably irrelevant.

No your opinion ion is not irrelevant but clearly what you and I think is 'healthy' is a difference in opinion in not criticising anyone just making a point we all have choices to make and sometimes make ones that others may not like or agree with, I don't drink alcohol and have a strong opinion about the dangers of that and smoking but if you choose to do that I'm not going to make sarcastic comments as the lady I commented about did I just showed her that infact she has a different opinion to me as I would rather have a protein shake that chocolate for breakfast as she does that's my opinion that's all you all have been giving me your opinions I thought I'd just return the same lol but tbh this is all banter to me I enjoy a good debate I am actually peeping some meals as we speak as suggeseated as I do believe this is a good idea as I actually really struggle with time during my busy week but as I have a day off today which is rare I am actually trying something suggested by people that strongly disagree with meal replacement and/or herbalife because that's why I put the post up to get advice suggestions and experience not to be judged and criticised but I don't mind that people voice their opinions I just voice mine back, lol
    Hope what your doing is working for you would love to hear your experience and hear any advice suggestions that you may have I may take them on board I may not but I defo won't judge
    Good luck and take care
  • TenishaMallick
    Options
    Thanking you all for comments to date, loving the debate, pros and cons to herbalife, sorry for those who think I'm rude in my responses that is defo not my intention, I don't think I have been defensive maybe but that's the point of it isn't it but one lady said I have been so I will defo take that on board.
    It would be great to hear some personal experiences to whether good or bad, herbalife or not I guess didn't realise I'd get so many responses, oh and thank you to those that have actually offered advice or suggestions some of which I do like the idea of and will try to put into practise will see how it goes and record my progress or maybe lack of lol
    We will see, time will tell
  • Lyric_Momma
    Lyric_Momma Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanking you all for comments to date, loving the debate, pros and cons to herbalife, sorry for those who think I'm rude in my responses that is defo not my intention, I don't think I have been defensive maybe but that's the point of it isn't it but one lady said I have been so I will defo take that on board.
    It would be great to hear some personal experiences to whether good or bad, herbalife or not I guess didn't realise I'd get so many responses, oh and thank you to those that have actually offered advice or suggestions some of which I do like the idea of and will try to put into practise will see how it goes and record my progress or maybe lack of lol
    We will see, time will tell

I love how everything that people don't "like" even if there is nothing wrong with it gets flagged on here.

Haha!!!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    What I hate most of all about Herbalife is seeing people at the top of the pyramid (scheme) making a lot of money on the backs of deluded customers who often can't afford the stuff and buy it anyway. And Herbalife does nothing to teach people that real food isn't the enemy; it just encourages that line of thinking. Then, when people go off the Herbalife, they're back to their old ways because they haven't learned or embraced healthy eating and sensible portions as the answer.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    People need to make their own decisions. Sometimes they're bad ones.

So it goes.

Well said.

I am new here and I have to say that I admire the passion that so many of you have, and the time you take to steer people away from scams and/or unhealthy habits to a healthy, sustainable way of eating. It seems like much of the time you're banging your heads against a wall. I guess at some point, you just have to let people make their own mistakes.

Personally, I enjoy food too much (hence my presence here) to give it up for nothing but shakes, even if they are tasty. And I've always loved the "I'm so super busy" line. The implication being, of course, that those of us who choose to eat real food do nothing but lie around and read romance novels.