Smoothie Recipes?

I usually do smoothies for breakfast and lunch. I make a big batch and then split it. I'm getting tired of my same combinations. I like to keep them low cal and focused on fruit. I do add yogurt sometimes but it's not a requirement for me. What are some good fruit combinations??

Replies

• billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    What combinations are you doing right now?
  • I do any assortment of combinations with raspberries, strawberries, oranges, apples, Greek yogurt, and sometimes peanut butter.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    This is my standard:

1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen berries (strawberries are my favorite)
    1/2 cup greek yogurt
    fill the blender to the top with spinach

It is tasty and filling! Sometimes I will also add chia seeds if I have some handy.
  • mggary
    mggary Posts: 3 Member
    One of my favorites is any chocolate flavored meal replacement with half a banana and 1 tsp of PB2 or powdered peanut butter. Mix with about 12oz water and ice ...
  • ameliajane90
    ameliajane90 Posts: 24 Member
    I am all about the Greek Yogurt smoothies,

usually 227 gm plain, 0% fat Greek Yogurt (highest protein, lowest sugar count you can find) (130 cal)
    1 cup frozen fruit (I like blueberries, strawberries, cherries, or blackberries)
    1.2 cup no sugar added vanilla almond milk. (30 cal)
    1 packet of splenda or other 0 cal sweetener to taste. (0 cal)

Strawberries or cherries and chocolate soy milk is amazing
    Blueberries, lemon juice and cinnamon tastes like a cinnamon roll

You can always add spices like cinnamon or vanilla extract as well to up the taste but not the calories. All of these usually come out to the 250-290 cal range depending on the fruit and keep me full for about 6 hours. They also have the added benefit of having almost as much protein as one of those muscle shakes but without all the weird ingredients!
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Visit me on Pinterest, lots of great smoothies there:

https://www.pinterest.com/aggienel/smoothie-crazy/
  • Folk_Diva
    Folk_Diva Posts: 1 Member
    Here is my standard morning smoothie - believe it or not, it came from my Ninja blender's recipe book. I like that it incorporates some greens and it's incredibly beautiful and delicious. I use organic ingredients and also add Nutiva Hemp Protein, but that certainly adds some calories and it's, of course, totally optional to add a protein supplement.
    -
    Green Paradise Smoothie:
    Add to blender in this order -
    1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves
    1 cup frozen mango chunks
    1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple tidbits or chunks
    1 small banana
    1/4-1/2 cup ice (made with filtered water)
    1 cup coconut water
    Pulse three times then blend on high speed until smooth. Makes 2 servings (198 calories each without any protein supplement)

You can use blueberries instead of the mango and pineapple and call it a "Purple Paradise Smoothie", Really you can use any fruit, but strawberries or raspberries make it a murky brown color when it's all done - still delicious but just not as pretty as the bright, tropical green you get with the original recipe. Hope you try it and love it!
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    I always use frozen fruit so no need for icecubes. And the only thing that's standard is 1/2 c. - 1 c. almond or coconut milk. Most of my smoothies depend on what I have in my freezer/fridge. Somtimes yogurt, but usually more basic. Some vanilla protein powder can be added if you're on the run and want to make sure you're getting what you need. I agree with the spinach boost in a dark berry smoothie because you can't even tell it's in there and it's SO good for you. Here are four combinations I enjoy.

I use a T or 2 T of orange juice concentrate (really bumps up the taste, but watch the calories), with a blend of peaches, mangoes, pineapple, strawberries with the almond milk. Sometimes add 1/2 banana.

Sometimes, I'll use coconut milk with oj concentrate, pineapple and banana for a tropical flair.

Love the triple berry mix (blackberries, raspberries and blueberries) with 1/4 c. (1/8 if you like it sweeter) unsweetened cocoa powder and a half scoop of vanilla protein powder in almond milk.

O.J. Concentrate with blueberries and strawberries and almond milk is always enjoyable.

Happy blending & much success!

• I use 1/2 c skim/or almond milk
    1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
    1 banana
    1c frozen/fresh strawberries
    2 handfuls fresh baby spinach
    3 ice cubes.
    This makes 1 serving and is about 270 calories depending on the milk/yogurt used. They are amazing and I lost 30 lbs using them once a day.
  • elsie53
    elsie53 Posts: 1 Member
    SHAMROCK SHAKE...12 oz. unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1 serving vanilla whey protein powder, 1-2 cup baby of spinach. 1/2 tsp pure mint extract, a few ice cubes...about 225 calories.
    Optional, blend in 1 Girl Scout thin mint cookie, adds 40 calories.