Sweet potato recipes, please;)

Options
wagagaga
wagagaga Posts: 43 Member
I have two large sweet potatoes in my kitchen but no idea what to do with them:(

Has anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

• lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Simply bake at 425 for 45-60 minutes
  • PennyDoggy
    PennyDoggy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Heat oven to 375. Slice lengthwise in half, then quarters, then eighths. Take whole peeled garlic cloves and some thickly sliced onions. Scatter all ingredients on to baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, then toss with your hands. Roast in oven until crispy. You can add any other root veggies you like to the mix too.
  • musclemeliss
    musclemeliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm cooking in the oven right now. :) No exciting plans though, just eating plain. I found this to be interesting yesterday, though.

http://www.georgeats.com/food/2015/3/5/green-thai-curry-stuffed-sweet-potatoes
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato Soup:
    4 large sweet potatoes
    1 sweet onion, peeled
    4 cans (14 oz) Swanson Organic Vegetable Broth
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    Black pepper to taste

74 calories per serving.

I've personally made this one and it tasted awesome! Although, it does help if you have an immersion blender.
  • ameliajane90
    ameliajane90 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just bake and add some butter, cinnamon and 1/4 tsp brown sugar...YUMM

I also like to roast them with olive oil and sea salt. If you have some flavored olive oil, all the better. I did this with a bergamot infused olive oil a few weeks ago and it was to die for!
  • wagagaga
    Options
    Thank you!!!
    I eat them roasted quite often but I wondered what else I can do with them?
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    sweet potato fries? if you dont want to fry them, then bake them? you can even add some butter, cinnamon and sugar if you want want regular salt fries.
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Peel and chop them. Boil until just tender. Chop broccoli and onions. Sautee sweet potato, broccoli and onions. Add 1tsp of soy sauce and 1tbsp of honey.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cut into wedges and roast with some olive oil and honey - yum!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    To go a little more savory with them sometimes I chop into whatever shape looks good that day and roast with some salt, pepper and sage.

It's good spicy. It's really good added in with mexican style items. It pairs very well with cumin, chili powder, garlic, cayenne or salsa (that can be left out and still be good), sour cream or plain yogurt.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    baked, mashed, fries, you can even do desserts like a lightened up sweet potato pie. I even have a recipe for sweet potato cookies (never tried it but they look pretty damn good).
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can also microwave them. Rinse and pat dry. Polk all over with a fork. Microwave for
    4 - 5 minutes each. If still hard, put back in microwave for an additional minute or so. If soft, but not soft enough, wrap in aluminum foil for a few minutes. When the sweet potato is cooked to your liking, slit down the middle lengthwise, and sprinkle with cinnamon and/or pumpkin pie spice, and a little brown sugar. If your must, add butter---but not more than a pat to keep it healthy. :smile:
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato, kale and quinoa fritters or patties - can't think what they're called... Search sweet potato, kale and quinoa on Pinterest and they will come up - they're amazing - the whole family loves them.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    sweet potato mashed potatoes are delicious. I make them just like mashed white potatoes with a little milk and butter and then a little brown sugar.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I bake up several at a time and then eat as sides or desserts. A tiny bit of brown sugar and some toasted marshmallows don't add many calories but make for such a treat.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    envy09 wrote: »
    Sweet Potato Soup:
    4 large sweet potatoes
    1 sweet onion, peeled
    4 cans (14 oz) Swanson Organic Vegetable Broth
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    Black pepper to taste

74 calories per serving.

I've personally made this one and it tasted awesome! Although, it does help if you have an immersion blender.

this sounds yummy thanks for posting
  • wagagaga
    Options
    Peel and chop them. Boil until just tender. Chop broccoli and onions. Sautee sweet potato, broccoli and onions. Add 1tsp of soy sauce and 1tbsp of honey.

That sounds amazing! I will give it a try:)
  • wagagaga
    Options
    Thank you all for lovely ideas:)
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Peel them, cube them, toss them in a bit of oil to coat. Sprinkle on some cinnamon and a tsp or 2 of brown sugar. Toss again to spread the seasoning the spread on a cookie sheet in a single layer and roast at 400 till tender.
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am ADDICTED to sweet potato at the moment! My go to sweet potato meal is:

- Sweet potato - peeled, cubed and boil for 10-12 mins.
    - Meanwhile, slice up an onion, spring onion, any other veggies you want, and heat in a pan along with 4 bacon medallions.
    - Add garlic italian seasoning, eat eat eat!