Options
ImmortalWings17
ImmortalWings17 Posts: 117 Member
Help? Please?

Replies

• JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    Put things away after you are done using them?
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Clean for 15 minutes everyday moving at a quick pace. Once per week, set aside an hour to do the same thing.

You won't feel like you're cleaning all the time. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Step 1. If you don't have much storage go to Target and get some bins/shelves/drawers/etc. to put your stuff in.
    Step 2. Put everything where it belongs.
    Step 3. Repeat Step 2 after using items.
  • theegalaxy
    theegalaxy Posts: 1
    Options
    put on good music. do the big things first, because they look over whelming. and do a circular sweep around your room, starting in one corner, the wall, next corner, ect until you finished your entire room.

i find it easier to do it all at once with a glass of wine.

x
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I can ONLY clean my room with some music. I usually cant help but stop every minute to dance BUT it gets done:)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Pick up 27 things every day and put them where they belong whether that item is a piece of trash, a school paper or a sock. I can't remember where the 27 comes in, but it's something I learned on a site to help you battle clutter. It doesn't take long to put away 27 things and eventually you'll run out of that many things to put away each day.

If you need organizational items (shelves, boxes, etc.) talk to your parents. I know if I were asked to buy those things to see a clean room, I'd happily purchase them for you. The fact that you are even trying is a good start. Talk to my son, will you? I just had to pick my way through the clutter on the floor of his room to talk to him. :grumble:
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Getting or keeping it clean?

Getting it clean: get a few boxes so you can sort thru your stuff. One box can be used for things you want to donate or give away, a second can be used for things that need to be thrown away, and a third can be used for the items you want to keep.
    Once you get thru all the "stuff", then you can vacuum, dust, etc. before putting your "keep" items back in place.

Keeping it clean: go thru your mail as you receive it, don't just let it accumulate. Deal with it, file it, throw it away. Tidy up & put things away b4 bed every night. I know that sometimes life gets busy and this isn't always practical, but if you do it more often than not, you'll do fine. :flowerforyou:
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    put on good music. do the big things first, because they look over whelming. and do a circular sweep around your room, starting in one corner, the wall, next corner, ect until you finished your entire room.

This. I always have to have some good music on when I clean.. lol.
  • ImmortalWings17
    ImmortalWings17 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful tips. Add me if you like:)
  • lady95
    lady95 Posts: 46
    Options
    the number one reason why I have a messy room is because I don't have enough places to put things. So, my advice is have a surface, that's off the floor, to put everything you own. Hooks on the wall, cheap plastic drawers from wal-mart, hangers, anything.
    just have a definitive place where it goes, and use that space you've created.

It's a matter of will, self control, not being lazy and keeping yourself in check.
    If you really want a clean room, you'll have one. No excuses.