Workout wardrobe! Suggestions ladies?

Options
Ok, so I'm excited to treat myself to a proper workout wardrobe at last (usually I workout in battered old clothes), and I figured it would be a fun way to 'brighten up' my sweat sessions :smile: I was hoping a few ladies would tell me what your fave workout gear is and where you got it from!

Replies

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a Calvin Klein workout bra ($14.99) and some workout leggings at Marshall's today. When I posted a question about best sport bras the ones that were mentioned the most was Victorias Secret (to my surprise) and that lululemon brand.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love under armour, but have also gotten cute things at target, old navy, and marshall's. i really do think having clothing you feel good in makes working out feel less like a chore. :smile:
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MPG at TJMAXX. Nice placement of seams for definition. Nice style. Maia by Moving Comfort is my favorite sports bra for high impact sports (great for big cup size). Maia is sold at our local running store -- RoadRunner Sports.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I usually found stuff on sale, or clearance, at Old Navy and JC Penney's. My favorites is probably the tanks with sayings on them from Old Navy and the Xersion yoga pants from JC Penney's. The Xersion stuff seems to last forever!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    for me - leggings, any brand. sports bras with good support (even after losing a lot of weight from my top half, im still well endowed LOL) and in bright colors cause YAY! COLOR!, beyond that, usually a t shirt (mostly older but i have a couple i got on sale from old navy i like), or layered tank tops (just cause i like lots of different colors LOLOLOL)

i also cut up a bunch of old t shirts i had and made them into tank tops, to give them a second life as new workout gear LOL
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I second the "YAY! COLOR!" It's sporty. :smile:
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I get my Moving Comfort Bras from Fleet Feet. They are pricey, but easily adjustable in the straps as you lose weight. I get my shoes there too, pricey again, but I have had foot injuries from bad shoes, so it is worth it. Fleet Feet keeps your info on file, so if you don't remember what size/brand you wore they can look it all up for you. As well as having informed people that can properly fit you. I go cheap on the pants and shirts by going to Walmart. I wear out of them fast and wont get bored and can buy several pairs of everything there. Walmart also carries exercise pants that have pockets in them. When I take walks I want a pants pocket for keys, and phone.
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I love the Victoria's Secret Incredible sports bras for running, most of my leggings and tops come from Old Navy, and I like Marshalls/TJ Maxx as well because they usually have trendy stuff at lower prices. Enjoy shopping!
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Loose shorts - Nike Tempo. Accept no substitutes.
    Compression shorts - Under Armour 7"
    Compression capris - New Balance Go 16"
    Bike shorts (w/chamois) - Pearl Izumi Quest (size up in these)
    Bike jersey - buy cute ones in good condition used off eBay. You'll save a TON.
    Sports bra - Target C9 (Champion) seamless double-dry or whatever they're calling them now. Note that I am not well-endowed so this might not be enough support for many.
    Socks - anything of synthetic fiber in summer. Drymax Cold Weather socks in winter.

For tank tops I buy bright colors for outside, so I'm (more) visible to drivers, and generally black ones for the gym. No cotton. I'm done with cotton.

For outside in the summer I also like a UPF-fabric hat and good sunglasses.

Stores - Most of my stuff is from Kohl's (online has a *fantastic* selection and sales ALL the time), Target, 6pm, and Running Warehouse. I haven't needed to replace my Nike shorts in ages, but 6pm usually has them for cheap.

Road Runners (online) has a great in-house brand, too. My winter running tights are RR and are going on 6 years of heavy use.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy's active wear. Its cute and fits/holds up well for my workouts. Plus, I am able to find lots of items on clearance there (and TJ Maxx - I find Under Armour and Nike/Adidas things there a lot)!
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Most of my stuff is C9 brand from Target and Old Navy is stepping it up with their workout gear. Great prices and cute.
  • sophzhr
    sophzhr Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys! So many amazing suggestions here - I'm spoiled for choice! Going to check them out A.S.A.P :smiley:
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Love the Nike Pro Combat Sports Bras, can buy them at the outlet or on ebay for less than $15-20 the regular price. Also love the Danskin Now Performance wear at Walmart, its in stores and online. Also if you have a local Marshalls/TJMaxx, moving comfort, nike, and different brands are sold there and they have really cute crops, pants, performance gear, etc. :)

Pick something cute, airy, and you can get down and sweaty in :dizzy_face:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I love my lulu. It holds up well - I have pieces over three years old that still look new. I tend towards either the boogie shorts or inspire crops - boogie shorts for days I pull or whenever I feel like it and inspires for when I actually feel like covering up a big.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    MPG at TJMAXX. Nice placement of seams for definition. Nice style. Maia by Moving Comfort is my favorite sports bra for high impact sports (great for big cup size). Maia is sold at our local running store -- RoadRunner Sports.

nods nods

specifically mpg at tjmaxx- they make some seriously nice clothes- for less than 30 bucks.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    if you are doing deadlifts wear something long enough so your shins don't end up looking like someone was kicking them lol
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I was recently given a lululemon gift card, and darn...those pants are nice. Especially for free. Otherwise I wear RBX leggings, and get my tops at Marshalls/TJ MAXX. I like to have a couple of tight bright tops, and a couple of loser ones that are low in the back but cover my butt and tummy when I'm feeling bloated.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I got a bunch of workout clothes at Winners. Normally I hate Winners and never shop there (it's like Value Village but with new clothes), but heard great things about their workout wear and they were right. Really funky, bright, neat designs for a lot less than more workout places.
    For a really good sports bra I like the VS ones (I don't have the zippers ones, the pull over the head kind with some padding). The ones from Winners are cute and good for yoga or running (I'm not terribly well endowed), but not great for jumping type exercises.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town with no Old Navy, TJ Maxx, or pretty much anything except a small JCPenneys and a Ross. But we do have a Big 5 that carries a ton of Under Armour, Avia, Nike, and other brands, which on occasion my husband takes me in there and says to pick out a couple things. Which is nice to get brandy-new stuff, because....

....I thrift-store it. I am a thrift-store junkie. I have found brand-new, tags still on, Athletica (I think?) brand TALL (yay! I'm 5'10") pants for $15 (original price tag was about $80) at Saver's; Nike pants (again, in tall) at either Saver's or Goodwill; and a ton of different tops for a few bucks each if not cheaper. Capri leggings, sweats, tank-tops, work-out jackets--I've found them all, and there's something to the thrill of finding an incredible deal (like those Athletica leggings, they are SO nice).

I buy the cheap, pull-over style cotton (two layers in front, one in back) bras in three-packs at WalMart, they're like 3 for $8 or something, and just wear those for a couple-three months each and pick up more.

I also always look for longer tunic-style tops/sweaters/cover-ups, because I can wear my workout leggings and my tanks/tee-shirts, throw the tunic over, and feel like I'm dressed enough to be "presentable" outside the gym. Throw a little scarf around my neck, and voila, fully dressed. Toss off the tunic and scarf, and boom, ready to lift.

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like fun shirts from Woot!
    And I am a big geek so ThinkGeek.com 1963_dice_yoga_pants.jpg

I wanted to put pictures in but Woot is wonky about its artwork.

I know these aren't "traditional" workout clothes but they make me feel empowered, and that's what matters right?

(bras are another story. I hate finding workout bras....)