juice cleanse

Options
Thinking about doing a juice cleanse in a few weeks, already have a juicer on hold in Macy's. I plan to cleanse for 3 days, I heard eating vegan 3 days before and after helps with your body adjusting, any other tips?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Karlav do a search on here re:cleanses and juice diets.
    These threads never end well. Sorry :disappointed:
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    oh-look-robin-meme-generator-oh-look-it-s-this-thread-again-969d16.png?1338599353.jpg
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How would being vegan help your body adjust to ingesting a crap ton of sugar and not much else?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,895 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice can take out stains.....true story, don't hate me.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    If you want to juice, a lot of people here have found really yummy recipes and incorporate them into an overall balanced diet with solid foods, but a cleanse is not needed. Your body has a natural filtration system with your kidneys and liver.

I would be starving on a juice cleanse.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Really? What sorts of stains? We have a dog barf stain in the carpet.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,895 Member
    Options

6 lemons, a scrub brush, and a cat should do the trick.

• karlav1394
    karlav1394 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @mamapeach910 WOW so helpful! Thanks a bunch hun
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    karlav1394 wrote: »
    @mamapeach910 WOW so helpful! Thanks a bunch hun

It wasn't aimed at you, sorry if it came across that way. It was more on the tails of the great advice Christina gave you and just some meta commentary.

Cleansing is unnecessary. Your kidneys and liver do all the cleansing you need.

Juicing? Well, if you like juice drink it, but eating the whole food is better because you get fiber.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    OP: your profile shows a lovely, thin woman with TWO pounds to go. Why a juice cleanse?
    Seriously?
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options

I use lemons to clean the inside of my microwave and to remove grease from my stove stop, lemons are amazing.

• karlav1394
    karlav1394 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I use lemons to clean the inside of my microwave and to remove grease from my stove stop, lemons are amazing.

There's probably a thread for this somewhere else
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    karlav wrote:
    Thinking about doing a juice cleanse in a few weeks, already have a juicer on hold in Macy's. I plan to cleanse for 3 days, I heard eating vegan 3 days before and after helps with your body adjusting, any other tips?
    Yeah: don't do it.
    A juice diet is not healthy, not necessary, lots of carbs, removes the healthy fiber that mitigates the fruit sugar going into your blood quickly.

And what exactly do you plan to "cleanse" that your body isn't already doing for you via your kidneys, liver, lungs, colon, and skin?

From the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
    http://www.eatright.org/resource/health/weight-loss/fad-diets/staying-away-from-fad-diets

From the Mayo Clinic
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/detox-diets/faq-20058040

From SideSteel
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
    (with links to other resources)

And others:
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot-it-and-how-to-avoid-it/
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    ah juice cleanse. i did this for 3 days. they were awful. this was a desperation attempt. with 2lb to go why?? i was desperate to lose weight but that is not your issue. i would avoid. i was so sick. awful stomach cramps. headache. i look back on those 3 days and wonder what i was thinking
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Op if your going to be drinking juices. At least get yourself a blender so you're not tossing all that wonderful fibre in the trash!
  • candidabbrava539
    Options
    I have done many juice, raw and smoothie 'cleanses'. It helps to go vegan in the concept that you are gradually taking certain proteins out of your diet so it is less harsh on you when you go to just liquids. From experience, a week before your juice cleanse, eliminate beef and pork, next remove chicken, fish, dairy and eggs where by 2 to 3 days before you are only consuming 'protein' from beans. During this week, it also helps to slowly cut down on wheat, processed food and caffeine. Personally, I have juiced or been raw for days at a time and have still had a cup or two of coffee each day, but that works for me. A juice cleanse is not magic. But it can give your digestion a brief break and feel like a nice jumping off point or clean break for better eating habits! Good luck and have fun!