Creatine

Options
I'm thinking about taking creatine to help get more definition... Anyone take this and get results? Pros and cons? Any other suggestions?

Replies

• ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    <3 creatine. Personally I find I need less rest between sets when I've been using it for a while, and get better intensity during the actual set. Yes it retains water in your muscles, so they'll look a little more defined, but it's the physical effects that I appreciate.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Creatine is one of (if not the most) tested supplement in the bodybuilding industry. It can help you squeeze a bit more out of each lifting session. The only con is that you need to make sure you drink adequate water while using it.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's great, you might gain a little water weight from it over the first week, so just be aware of that. But you'll also get a little bit of a boost in strength, it helps you squeeze out an extra rep or two in your resistance training.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i take creating periodically , during different training phases. I get a massive hard pump after a workout. Its fun. The rest of the time there's not much visual difference with or without creatine.
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    creatine is as said above the most tested independently supplement. But to get the result from it you need to supplement yourself with it for a longer time (one month is not enough). Also, if you decide to take buy pure, macronized creatine...rest of the products which say they are the best becauase of this and that blah blah blah is just a sales/marketing lie. To make the most of it you need to also adjust your trainings to concentrate more on the strength (heavier weights with less repetitions). Be sure that you really need it, it is normally in the food (beef contains the most). Research that to see if you really need it. If your current goal is to work on a lean body definition, I don't think that you would need to supplement yourself with it.
  • jett69
    jett69 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    creatine did nothing for me. I wish it did but nope.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    lbulahan87 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about taking creatine to help get more definition... Anyone take this and get results? Pros and cons? Any other suggestions?

Years and years ago I took creatine and I gained 11 pounds of muscle mass in 5 weeks...but regardless if its muscle or not it ws still 11 pounds.

• beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link to examine.com
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    5 grams creatine monohydrate daily. No loading, no phasing. Drink LOTS of water. Make sure your urine is clear throughout the day. If it gets dark you are dehydrating.
  • lbulahan87
    Options
    tziol wrote: »
    creatine is as said above the most tested independently supplement. But to get the result from it you need to supplement yourself with it for a longer time (one month is not enough). Also, if you decide to take buy pure, macronized creatine...rest of the products which say they are the best becauase of this and that blah blah blah is just a sales/marketing lie. To make the most of it you need to also adjust your trainings to concentrate more on the strength (heavier weights with less repetitions). Be sure that you really need it, it is normally in the food (beef contains the most). Research that to see if you really need it. If your current goal is to work on a lean body definition, I don't think that you would need to supplement yourself with it.

I was reading that vegans/ vegetarians will really benefit... I'm a vegetarian.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    ...you mean steroids?

notsrs
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5 grams creatine monohydrate daily. No loading, no phasing. Drink LOTS of water. Make sure your urine is clear throughout the day. If it gets dark you are dehydrating.

this^

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I use it to increase my muscle endurance in Crossfit and it works well for that. I have not used it in a traditional body building capacity. I don't load and don't cycle. Been taking it for about a year.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i seem to be a non responder to creatine, no noticeable improvement in strength or muscle mass
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    lbulahan87 wrote: »
    tziol wrote: »

I was reading that vegans/ vegetarians will really benefit... I'm a vegetarian.

I don't think a creatine supplement will be vegetarian though...
  • breonn_clark
    breonn_clark Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for definition creatine is definitely not the way to go. You'll bloat from the excessive amount of water in your muscles. If you wanna tone, I recommend weightlifting for reps(10-14 range) and less carbs and more protein. Vitamins are never a bad idea; combine all this with an adequate amount of cardio and you have a formula for success. Hope I could help
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for definition creatine is definitely not the way to go. You'll bloat from the excessive amount of water in your muscles. If you wanna tone, I recommend weightlifting for reps(10-14 range) and less carbs and more protein. Vitamins are never a bad idea; combine all this with an adequate amount of cardio and you have a formula for success. Hope I could help

No.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

No.

• CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    ...you mean steroids?

notsrs

does this help better? :p