Half marathon training

Options
Tomorrow I am starting training for my second half marathon. Ready to hit the road for some long miles... Anyone else training for a run??

Replies

• electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm currently training for my 3rd half marathon. Happy training to you!
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Hey, me too! Next half marathon is at the end of this month, full marathon the first weekend of May, then it's Triathlon season! Can't wait!
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Training for a half the first weekend in June! I have never done one before.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    My 2nd half is 4/11, third on 4/18 and 4th on 5/9.
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my 3rd week of training tomorrow for my first half on May 17th. I'm following Hal Higdons novice 2 plan.
  • KayleeU
    KayleeU Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Nike app training program this time. My first one I did Hal Higdons novice 2 also. I am excited for the motivation of an actual run to get me to commit to waking up at 4am! I have been inconsistent in my running so this is just what I needed. My run is last weekend of May 31st!!! Yeeee
  • jmcowan42
    jmcowan42 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My second full is at the end of April! But I'm doing tough mudder in May! Feel free to add me anyone!
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Once winter is gone for good, I'm going back to my 3+ outdoor runs a week! I did my very first race a few weeks back, a 5-mile race on Valentine's Day. I want to get back into the swing of running. I'd love to train for a half!

Currently just working on slowly getting myself back out there!
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I got a half marathon that I signed up for in April. Only 6 weeks to go. Good luck to yours.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Just finished my peak training week for my 5k which is next Sat. After that, I start my training cycle for my next half marathon in May. This will be the first time I will want to go after a specific time goal - I'm hoping for a sub 2 hour. It will be my 6th. I'm hoping to work with a running coach to help lay out a good-for-me training plan. ;)

It's such a fun distance. Not as painful as full-on racing a 5k, but not as beastly as a full marathon, either. ;) I'm looking forward to it.

OP: do you have any particular goals or thoughts about your 2nd half, now that you've successfully completed one already? Good luck!
  • wishiwasarunner
    wishiwasarunner Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am training for a 10K - hope to do a half maybe this fall. I am dealing with a little plantar fasciitis right now and will be very slow at adding mileage. I was able to get back outside again tonight for the first time in over a week - snow is melting again!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i have my third half on sunday. i hope to do a bit better than my last two, which were both 2:12. but it really was just a race to keep me running over the winter.
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Doing my first 1/2 marathon April 4th. It is already tri season here so I've been pretty busy. :)
  • KayleeU
    Options
    Good luck to you all with upcoming runs also!! My time for my first was 2:15 so I want to beat that time. The last few month my running hasn't been on point... Just been busy so that's why I'm very excited to have somthing to get me re/committed. I would love to continue to share running goals ect... Whoever wants to add a friend!!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'm always training :) Distance runner addict checking in!
  • tamlinaHorne
    tamlinaHorne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my second half in April, and my first full in September. Is anyone else famished all the time?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my second half in April, and my first full in September. Is anyone else famished all the time?

i'm always tired and hungry
  • arussell134
    Options

YUP!! I reached my goal weight in December and have wanted to drop a few more pounds to get to ideal racing weight. It's been a REAL struggle to eat at a deficit though! I'm super hungry! So, not just you.

• arussell134
    Options
    KayleeU wrote: »
    Good luck to you all with upcoming runs also!! My time for my first was 2:15 so I want to beat that time. The last few month my running hasn't been on point... Just been busy so that's why I'm very excited to have somthing to get me re/committed. I would love to continue to share running goals ect... Whoever wants to add a friend!!

That was my exact first half marathon time too! :) Great job. I bet you'll best it on your next attempt. I find that signing up for races brings my running into focus better week to week and helps me stay on track. Good luck with your race - and everyone else here training for their next half, too!

• KayleeU
    Options
    Last time my goal was to finish without walking and I did that... This time I want to improve speed. So my training will be harder