Sometimes I really hate being a woman...

Options

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    i don't know what a bunch of hens sound like but i think it's like ^^^^

anyway, i think pulling myfatass78's username into it is kind of a reach. lots of people have names like "loser89" or "ieattoomanymuffinsformyowngood" or whatever. people join in whatever mood and picking a name is hard, doesn't mean myfatass78 isn't a feminist

anyway, i think pulling myfatass78's username into it is kind of a reach. lots of people have names like "loser89" or "ieattoomanymuffinsformyowngood" or whatever. people join in whatever mood and picking a name is hard, doesn't mean myfatass78 isn't a feminist

Complains about clucking hens, starts clucking herself. LOL! I used to have chickens and know once one gets mad and starts clucking they ALL chime in.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I told my husband the other day that if women have to have babies men should have to deal with PMS. It's only fair.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Awww....wait until you are 50. It just gets better and better for me....NOT!
  • palwithme
    Options

I would rather keep going then go through menopause like I am now, which is he**.

• ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I Crave red meat and bacon cheeseburgers all day...I really dont like red meat anyother time of the month
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »

I would rather keep going then go through menopause like I am now, which is he**.

Awww, you mean waking up in a sweat at 3:30am is not fun?

That is my issue now. I keep waking up sweating to death, aack.

• palwithme
    Options

Or the time I stood up in my cube at work and asked..."Is the heat on really super high today or what because I am dying in here!" And all I got were blank stares back.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

oh Lordy.... It just keeps getting better :confounded::cold_sweat:

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options

Complains about clucking hens, starts clucking herself. LOL! I used to have chickens and know once one gets mad and starts clucking they ALL chime in.

Lol like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zra3SOgAsyg
  • shrez
    shrez Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feeling you. I ate my way to the bottom or a packet of Zig Zag Twisties yesterday. I knew I shouldn't have bought them!
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Why can't our periods just go away when we're done having kids!!

They do--it's called menopause and it brings on a whole slew of new problems.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Why can't our periods just go away when we're done having kids!!

They do--it's called menopause and it brings on a whole slew of new problems.

yeah but I was done having kids 20 years ago!

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    What sucks is even if you are in post-menopause you STILL have the monthly crap. Each month I get bloated, grumpy and still want to eat more than when I am hungry normally. It comes on like I have it every month at the same time/date. And I have not had a period since 2004. Just so you now. :'(
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in peri-meno now (according to my blood work which was routine - I wasn't expecting it; I wasn't irregular yet and didn't have any expected symptoms at the time the blood work was done, but now it's four years later). I'm 47 and the timing is right as well, but it was the blood work that really informed me that a change was coming. It took about three years after this before my periods began to be irregular.

I'm not loving all the symptoms so far, exactly, but for some strange reason, I am really, really looking forward to this next "stage" of my life. I love phases and watching things evolve, including myself. As I've gotten older, I've actually gotten happier - more content. I do have a lot of mood swings with peri (and very strange, irregular periods) but I feel like once I come out on the other side, it's going to be a good thing.

Again, not sure why I feel this way; even with the mood swings, hot/cold and so on, I overall feel more content, mentally.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I totally did that last week! Hormones + the feels they cause make me want to eat all the things!
  • palwithme
    Options

Lol like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zra3SOgAsyg

Ha Ha. Yep exactly. I miss that sound actually.
  • palwithme
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I'm in peri-meno now (according to my blood work which was routine - I wasn't expecting it; I wasn't irregular yet and didn't have any expected symptoms at the time the blood work was done, but now it's four years later). I'm 47 and the timing is right as well, but it was the blood work that really informed me that a change was coming. It took about three years after this before my periods began to be irregular.

I'm not loving all the symptoms so far, exactly, but for some strange reason, I am really, really looking forward to this next "stage" of my life. I love phases and watching things evolve, including myself. As I've gotten older, I've actually gotten happier - more content. I do have a lot of mood swings with peri (and very strange, irregular periods) but I feel like once I come out on the other side, it's going to be a good thing.

Again, not sure why I feel this way; even with the mood swings, hot/cold and so on, I overall feel more content, mentally.

Great post and I agree with you.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    On the topic of other menstruating mammals, and to cheer everyone up PMS-ing or not;

My friend's dog has finally 'blossomed' and bled for the first time. My friend hears a shout from 3-year-old who is playing with the dog in the other room.
    "Mum, Maggie's just dropped her bum jam all over the kitchen floor!"

Periods are henceforth known as bum jam.
  • TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do not know if this has been said, but I find supplementing my magnesium helps a lot with the cravings, sleeplessness and grouchiness.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    On the topic of other menstruating mammals, and to cheer everyone up PMS-ing or not;

My friend's dog has finally 'blossomed' and bled for the first time. My friend hears a shout from 3-year-old who is playing with the dog in the other room.
    "Mum, Maggie's just dropped her bum jam all over the kitchen floor!"

Periods are henceforth known as bum jam.

Lol but also EW