Lumpy Space Princess' OneYeariversary, 100+ gone, Onederland, and lotsa tummy pics!

Options
SassyMoonbeams
SassyMoonbeams Posts: 229 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Long post, be forewarned!

Replies

• SassyMoonbeams
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm so excited to be posting here. I'm very proud of myself for finally facing the reality of my situation and realizing I could no longer pretend and turn a blind eye to my weight and health. I took responsibility for what I had done and realised it was up to ME to get what I wanted out of life, and it had to start with my weight.

At 5'7", I started at about 304 and am now 198, went from a size 26+ to 14/16. I still have about 50 lbs to go and I'll be there before I know it.

After moving to Australia over 8 years ago I slowly felt depression creep up on me. I have always had some issues with my weight, which was really a symptom of living in an emotionally abusive environment in which I was berated and picked on and publicly shamed for everything you could imagine. I didn't know what it felt like to just be happy with myself....my body and my life was always about what other people wanted. I resisted weight loss because I didn't want to please these negative oppressive people in my life. I had previously lost about 70lbs in a very unhealthy way before my move, then it all crept back on as it does when you don't make good, healthy, sustainable life changes. I was desperately homesick, and stopped enjoying all the things I used to love. I withdrew from others. I went from about 170 lbs to 300+.

I felt trapped. I wanted to go back home. Not because of Australia, but because I felt in my heart that I belonged back in the US. I was in a long relationship with a guy who did not want to move to America with me. So I felt like I just had to try my best to get on with life. The relationship eventually ended badly as I became more and more miserable and we both grew apart. This was my chance. The sadness and misery I felt was only alleviated by the fact that NOW I could go back home. That changed EVERYTHING.

I got back onto MFP, I found workouts that I enjoyed (started off with Richard Simmons Sweatin To The Oldies and still do his workouts to this day on my light workout days). I changed my eating, but still make sure to have chocolate every day. I work for my chocolate! But it was weight lifting that really made me blossom. I started ChaLEAN Extreme almost a year ago and the improvements it has made to my body AND my mind is something I could never have imagined. I would not give it up or ever stop for the world. Lifting makes me feel powerful, capable, and gives me a feeling of belonging.

Along the way I found it incredibly helpful and comforting to see others' progress photos and read their stories. Especially when dealing with the consequences of extreme weight gain/loss (ie loose skin). So I want to share with you guys some pictures that make me cringe a bit, lol, so you can see what you might be able to expect. I firmly believe that you need to accept yourself NOW, just as you are, to be able to accept yourself as you lose weight. I used to spend hours upon hours despairing over my body, mourning the loss of the "perfect figure" I'd never have unless I get surgery. Etc. Now I realise I'm still a work in progress, I love and accept my body and forgive myself for dealing with things by turning to food. I like to call myself Lumpy Space Princess
  • SassyMoonbeams
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I think the keys are to make things convenient and make healthy choices easy. I pre-pack snacks and workout at home. I do everything I can to eliminate excuses and when I make excuses I call myself out on them and challenge them. At the end of the day, excuses will get you NOWHERE in life. You have to face yourself and your own bullcrapola.

MFP has also been a game-changer for me. The friends I have made on here and the support we offer eachother, it's such a blessing and I am thankful every day to the people who created this amazing tool. <3

On to the pictures!

12fbfd0bafc39a5a441d6377cd27ce26.jpg

2e9576e0bf03345eb966486e701d2625.jpg

f3911162ef9d84f6dbaba1707559ee75.jpg

a0186bb099f0daf50db895cbc440ccc9.jpg

TUMMY PROGRESSION

eabc2d5fbbf7682b9eb43e504e70cd64.jpg

8ff1eb6e9a0c38eb5dbe64c6a5bbcd39.jpg

daa327875274da05fed0301da33a8bc9.jpg
  • SassyMoonbeams
    Options

Tummy in various views and to show you the texture of the stretchmarks and fat. The last photo makes me cringe the most but I know it will improve as the fat empties out more

5e1fe149c83b698614a2f02646e085a4.jpg
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done amazing! WTG!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    What a great transformation! Congratulations and here's to your continued success!
  • IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    U look amazing wtg
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, but also much happier!I want to have that feeling! Congratulations!
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!!!!
  • Smiley_Emi123
    Smiley_Emi123 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!! You should be so proud of yourself :smiley:
  • lisabrezina1980
    lisabrezina1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look great! My stomach is very much like yours! You give me a lot of inspiration!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Fantastic Job!! You're a beautiful girl...from photo 1 to the very most recent. I loved your write up and you've really become aware of how important self love is from the getgo.

<3 You're an Inspiration! <3
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, hot stuff!! <3
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • gentryatkinson
    gentryatkinson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh my glob! You are amazing LSP!!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • jodes023
    jodes023 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your transformation! Very inspiring and you look beautiful!!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! dont worry about your tummy, mine looks kinda wack after weightloss, but IDGAF about that at all. I just tuck my stomach into my size zero's and continue being FABULOUS.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look great! What a change!
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you look fabulous!! It doesn't look as bad as it could. Great job on the loss!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!