ABS: How many crunches do you do a day?

Options
I'm doing 100 crunches a day. 2 Planks
I will be increasing to 300 a day, with more Planks.

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Hardly any... I like the plank and the V- pose more than crunches.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    zero.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 100 crunches a day. 2 Planks
    I will be increasing to 300 a day, with more Planks.

why do you want your stomach to get bigger??
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Do squats and deadlifts, lose the fat by eating at deficit, and you'll have abs. Crunches will not get you there.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Zero. Zero direct ab work in my current program because my core consistently tests more then strong enough to need it.
  • Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Precisely zero crunches
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    ZERO
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Ugh, hate them, wouldn't do them if you paid me.
    Well ok but it would have to be six figures.
    Cheer, h.
  • sugarnspice33
    sugarnspice33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Working on abs as well. Afraid of having extra skin if I lose anymore weight. I'm 127lbs ; 5'4"
    I do 150 crunches with alternating planks. For example 50 crunches 1 min plank, repeat 2x's
    attached are photos. With my arms down it's clear I have excess fat, arms raised my abs r formingw55e3yakwuqa.jpg
    e4detak1eajn.jpg

[*]
    1. Tallawah_
      Tallawah_ Posts: 2,474 Member
      Options
      You're already doing more than enough crunches and planks. You need to focus on losing fat. More overall strength or cardio training whichever is your preference.
    2. Azexas
      Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
      Options
      None.
    3. Packerjohn
      Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
      Options
      Zero. I do compound movements like squats, and deadlifts and ab roll-outs, avoid exercises where I'm supported by a machine. I did have to do crunches for a test though and scored in the top 1% for my age group without doing a single crunch for at least 5 years.
    4. LKArgh
      LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
      Options
      Why??? Do you have a specific issue with your abs you are trying to address? If yes, add some variety at least, doing hundreds of crunches per day is not the most efficient exercise and it sounds boring.
    5. JoRocka
      JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
      Options
      zero.

zero crunches done daily.
      Zero crunches done weekly.
    6. redonkulousd
      redonkulousd Posts: 22 Member
      Options
      +1 on compound movements for abs. I don't do crunches. Planks are awesome though.
    7. sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
      Options
      I did a crunch the other day and forgot how much they suck. But I do love working abs, so I do a lot of variations of sit ups, planks ...etc . Honestly though, like everyone said, you'll get the definition from proper diet. I just work abs because I like the wotkout.

Here's something stupid to add lol: before I went into the hospital a few years back, I knew there was a good possibility I'd lose much use for my arms for a while. In order to get in and out of bed, I knew I'd need some serious abs, so I did 300 sit ups/day to prepare. I ended up with an ugly rug burn on my butt but I did have some strong abs.

Do something else. Really.
    8. Graceious1
      Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
      edited March 2015
      Options
      Not much because I am not a fan and do other type of exercises which engage abdominals. Before I wised up I used to do lots every day and noticed that my gut looked swollen. I immediately stopped and eventually it went down. I can think of other exercises much more exciting than crunches!
    9. SilverRose89
      SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
      Options
      No crunches.

Recently started Stronglifts though. Should I be crunching too? :neutral_face:
    10. Graceious1
      Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
      Options
      @SilverRose89‌ I am in my 3rd week of Strong Lifts. I don't think you need to crunch but those of us who are strong lifters do other exercises to complement it. :)