What a difference 2 months can make when really set your mind to it!

Options
SDB210
SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
edited March 2015 in Success Stories
Hi I'm Steph, 30 years old 6ft tall and currently 166 lbs (down from 187). I started my weight loss and lifestyle change on jan 5th , because I'd felt pretty down about myself for a while and it was my New Years resolution to fix it. Up until about 3 or 4 years ago I'd always been slim but life has been stressful to say the least and I guess it showed on the scale!
As the weight crept on I would always either avoid photos or screen and delete any that were taken because I couldn't bare them. Unfortunately some would slip through the net and the image on the left is one of them! I hate that picture! But last night I went out for a friends hen night and do you know what.... I didn't screen a single photo. The photo on the right is one of them and comparing it to two months ago, I just don't know why I didn't make this change ages ago! I have a jaw line again!
So in the last 9 weeks I have been calorie counting, eating fresh and healthy, cut out all of the fast food and I've been running 3-4 times a week. I've lost 21 pounds and I feel great. My goal is to lose another 6-13 lbs but at this stage getting to the goal really is just vanity weight. My plan is to start focusing on bf% rather than the number on the scale.
Now I know it's not like I've lost 100 lbs or anything but I still feel proud and feel so much better about myself in my mind I just wanted to share.

l1ihdl30eknw.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!