400 lbs and determined!!! i need some support though...

Options
Hello, im christina im 435 pounds ive been heavy all of my life there's nothing more than i want to be skinny. I grew up with bad eating habits and they stuck with me threw out life i used food as a coping mechanism as i went threw hard ships in my life and I blame myself for how big I've gotten. Im 19 and im ready to take my life back! I just need some support! Thank you

Replies

• christinadesneiges
    Options
    400 pounds is alot and its shameful but im ready to do this and i have goals and plans and ive got it all worked out. Now i just need to work harder then ever to achieve getting to good health. Thank you for the support.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the first 'big' step on the scale. I hope you have an idea on how weight loss works.
  • judiness101
    judiness101 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christina!

That's awesome that you are taking this decision and taking your life back! The key to success is to track everything and being honest. It's not easy but it will pay off you'll see!

• yash_hh
    yash_hh Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello Christina... I go with Robbo that's alot for 19 years. But guess what... you made a first step to the right direction. Here you can finde people with the same Problems and work on a solution together. Eat clean. Train hard. Lift heavy. And you will have the chance to see yourself in the mirror like you want to.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    all d best! (*)
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Way to go but keep in mind that it's possible. :)
  • christinadesneiges
    Options
    Thank you all so much is nice to have support from others. I have a meal plan worked out everything is healthy and packed for all this week and theres nothing else in the house unhealthy and ill be working out almost every day till the fullest extent and ill be doing this for the next couple years i know to get this much wheight off its going to take alot of determination and will power but i have it and i want it. So the last thing i though i would be needing was support so thank you all
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When I started my journey I was 450. I understand the struggle of needed to lose a lot of weight. You can do this! I have lost 127lbs and still have 123 to go. If I can do it you can to. Anyone can feel free to add me for support.
  • jolson54829
    jolson54829 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That's tough, but support and motivation are key! Feel free to add me:)
  • alcurran33
    alcurran33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done for taking the first steps! I have 100lb+ to lose and am ready!
  • jmorin0110
    jmorin0110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay determined and motivated you will be able to do anything you set your mind to! We are here for you along the way! I sent you a friend request. Feel free to ask any questions you may have or if you just need to chat or some motivation send a message anytime!
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Feel free to add me
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have a plan, now just put it into action and hang on in there

14 months ago i weighed 387lb, now im 222lb and dropping

i can move so much easier these days, i can breath easier too. i hate the gym with a passion because .... people but i still go 5 days a week because i need to be there for me
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome Christina! You are amazing! You are in the right place and you have the right attitude. You also have YOUTH on your side - learn those healthy habits now and you will reach your goals and be set for life! I'm so excited for you AND I'm inspired by you. Let's do this!!! :)
  • LavenderLeaves
    LavenderLeaves Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My highest weight was actually 436 in December, down to 403 now. I know how hard making this post probably was for you, I can say that it was a huge first step for me. I needed to change, I am changing, and I will get this weight off. Take a look at my profile and go ahead and add me if I seem like someone you want to be friends with, I'm always looking for like-minded, supportive people.

I would note, just be careful playing that fine line between self-blame and shame and taking accountability. Blaming ourselves and feeling ashamed of what we've done to ourselves can lead us down a dark path, taking /accountability/ keeps us responsible but also acknowledges the changes we can make. Best of luck to you and hopefully I'll be talking to you more!
  • FlyGreenFairy
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step. Good luck!
  • ckersh1887
    ckersh1887 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Something I would say is a good idea is to find some way to do some kind of exercise for 10-15 minutes everyday. It sounds like very little but its a good way to get in the mindset of exercising.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Get friends for support. Believe in the fact you have it within your own control that you cna make the change. Its straightforward, but you would be doing yourself soem favours if you learnt good habits and understood the common traits of successful dieting.

You dont need dramatic, just steady patient application of being at a consistent deficit.

Log your food.
    Weigh your food.
    Never beat up on yourself.
    Dont emonise food.
    You will greatly enhance things if you start to move, just walking and increasing it will really help.
    Take baby steps, be patient, dont let things discoiyrage you and focus on small tragets such as logging for a week, losing the first 1lb, hitting calorie defict, taking a 5 minute walk. All these things will help you feel it is more manageable and encourage you.

Getting the basics right will save you a lot of hassle and keep you losing in as stress free way as possible. Best wishes.
  • DeeDeeS13
    DeeDeeS13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to MyFitnessPal and FitBit, both have helped me with accountability. You CAN do it! And remember, if you have a bad moment as far as eating, or even a bad day, just get right back to it and stick with your goals. Wishing you all the best!