Reduced spots without spot reducing

Options
into_fitness
into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I know that there is no such thing as spot reducing - but I am curious about one thing. Have you incorporated any workouts/food or taken out any food from your diet that has noticeably helped you lose weight in an area of your body, if not overall? Every body is different, I know that, but I am just curious to hear about the changes in your 'lifestyle' that has helped you achieve certain goals!

Edit - post and be proud of these new changes that have helped you!

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    "I know you can't spot reduce, but I'm curious if there's anything you have done or eaten/not eaten that has helped you spot reduce?" uhmmmmmm......wut?
  • into_fitness
    Options
    okay.. I will rephrase. You have saddle bags - have you incorporated more vegetables in to your diet and decreased cheese intake while lifting more weights and less cardio, have you eaten more protein and vegetables less bread and cheese but increased cardio and weight lifting only 2 days a week. It's a simple question, I am just wondering what changes people have made to their new lifestyle that has given them better results.
  • into_fitness
    Options
    and I am not saying you in particular - just using an example!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    okay.. I will rephrase. You have saddle bags - have you incorporated more vegetables in to your diet and decreased cheese intake while lifting more weights and less cardio, have you eaten more protein and vegetables less bread and cheese but increased cardio and weight lifting only 2 days a week. It's a simple question, I am just wondering what changes people have made to their new lifestyle that has given them better results.

You're really not getting the 'can't spot reduce' concept are you?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    There are no specific foods or exercises that you can eat/do to make you lose body fat in a particular area. That's just not how it works. Set up a healthy diet plan on a moderate calorie deficit and start exercising. You'll start reducing body fat. Stick with that until you reach your goal. That is really all you can do.
  • into_fitness
    Options
    .. yes I am hah it wasn't a question about what parts of your body have you lost fat on merely because of a change. I am wondering what changes have you incorporated in to your diet/lifestyle that has HELPED YOU ACHIEVE CERTAIN GOALS for your body. I said in a certain area, if not overall. I KNOW that you can't spot reduce it was just a question of what you have incorporated in to your lifestyle that has helped you achieve goals
  • into_fitness
    Options
    yikes sorry for the idiotic question - I didn't mean to phrase it like that!
  • novembersuse
    novembersuse Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I find that my face definitely shows it if I cut out alcohol, and slims down before anywhere else. And when I cut out carbs, that's when I notice a difference to my stomach which gets a bit flatter.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I think, even if people respond with what seems like helpful things they "cut out," it's going to be body specific. Just because no ___ helps personx doesn't mean that doing so will help you.
    Just continue with what you're doing, you'll see results!
    Best wishes to you.
  • into_fitness
    Options
    ^ you're a goddess. thank you for the positive response - that is all I was wondering :)
  • Sued0nim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ummm

ate at a calorie defecit

got more active - walked more

followed a 3x a week gym training programme set and adapted weekly by a PT I see once a week, incorporating progressive weight training, squats, lunges, cardio, compound lifts

but my goals were general - lose body fat, get fit and not specific. Current goal is master pull-ups

my entire body has slimmed down, face, abdo, boobs..my hips, butt and legs more than I expected them to but that wasn't a goal
  • into_fitness
    Options
    It was more of a 'tell me how certain changes in your lifestyle has helped you' open response kind of post. and thank you :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Poloquin... ?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i wish.

all my weight is coming off my top half. which is fine, it needs to. but my bottom half needs some of the weight loss love too (a whole heck of a lot of it! LOL)

not a darn thing i can do other than keep doing what im doing and be PATIENT.

it sucks. LOL
  • into_fitness
    Options
    @rabbitjb see that wasn't hard! great job - good luck with achieving your pull-up goals.. I can hardly do one!
  • into_fitness
    Options
    @callsitlikeiseeit‌ I hear ya girl. same with me! It will all come together :)
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    @rabbitjb see that wasn't hard! great job - good luck with achieving your pull-up goals.. I can hardly do one!

yes but it didn't answer your question really - it's more the answer to - what have you done to lose weight / fat?

And thank you - I can't even do one yet .. but I'll get there
  • into_fitness
    Options
    That's fine! I didn't post this to see what you have done so I could take your ways of doing things and incorporate them in to my lifestyle - it was just a 'post and be proud' topic