too scared to eat more than 1200..

Options
so i am a 21 y/o 5'0 girl with current weight of 126lbs.. i would like to lose lke 20 more lbs or so.. i have lost all this weight so far by walking and eating 1200 calories.. but for almost one year i have been stuck at 126lbs.. my b4 weight was 152lbs.. i have recently decided to up my calories to like 1400-1500 but i am too scared.. although not to mention i am easily fatigued after a workout and have no energy to workout the next day. what should i do? i try to eat as healthy as i can but everyday i snuck in some bad carbs that include white bread, butter, nutella and i just cannot give them up.. any advice peeple?

Replies

• Supermom883
    Supermom883 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i think at 126 i would stop trying to lose weight!!!!! i would focus on keeping at this weight.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    i have a high body fat percentage...
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    oh and please dont advice about lifting weights etc .. i just like to have advice on my diet please? :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fat? The body needs fat. :)<3
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Then you need to focus on toning, not just weight loss.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    oh yes i am.. so i am asian and the part from where i belong we always have fats in our homemade dishes.. i am not on any particular diet. i just eat in moderation..
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    There aren't any bad carbs.

Find a bmr calculator through Google to get an idea of what your body needs to just be alive.

If you don't have enough energy you are probably not eating enough. I prefer a TDEE calculator. Calculate that at sedentary, give yourself a 15-20% deficit, and then eat back half of your exercise calories. Don't be afraid to up your calories. If you weigh and measure your food and eat at at a deficit, you will lose weight.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    guys 126lbs is alot for someone who is 5'0.. i dont get it why people with good heights dont get this.. so yes i need to lose weight and yes i am focusing on toning too..
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    i think at 126 i would stop trying to lose weight!!!!! i would focus on keeping at this weight.

She's 5' tall. Although it doesn't sound like she has the healthiest mindset..106 might not be out of the question. Especially if she is small framed. If she is not small framed, 116 might be more realistic.
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    well first off, you admitted one wrong thing- ditch the white bread, use less butter, and scarcely use nutella. Go for whole wheat bread, but read the ingredients so it doesn't contain a lot of sugar/high fructose corn syrup etc. If you are craving chocolate, go for a piece of dark chocolate. Not as yummy and creamy as nutella, but if it is changes you want it is changes that need to happen! Incorporate a lot of vegetables - look up low calorie/non starchy vegetables. Include a lot of protein! If you feel light headed at the gym then you might 1. be dehydrated and/or 2. are not eating enough for the workout you are doing. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you want to eat at 1200 make sure it is a day with very light activity/workout so you don't feel lightheaded. If you eat around 1400, then have a good workout day!
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    i am small framed .. i don want to get to 106lbs.. i will be hapy at 110 lbs even.. thanks for the advice blktndidhrt
  • krysmuree
    Options
    I agree that 126 is on the higher end for your height; 20 isn't totally unreasonable. Try to integrate more weight training into your routine. If you're not energized enough, your body needs more fuel. Try upping your calories by 200 or so for a couple of weeks and see how it goes - make sure you're doing measurements too.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    At 5' 126lbs, it wouldn't hurt you to lose weight. Being easily fatigued could be a medical problem. But at 1200 calories, you should be losing weight. The worst that would happen if you increase your calories to 1400-1500 is that you would gain about half a pound. However, if it increases your energy level, you might be able to exercise more and you might burn more calories throughout the day. Even so, I wouldn't expect it to help you lose weight.
  • marinashakeel
    Options
    timothyfish alot people have admit that they did lose weight when the inreased their calories.. i dont know the science behind it but i was thinking about giving it a try..
  • blktngldhrt
    Options
    well first off, you admitted one wrong thing- ditch the white bread, use less butter, and scarcely use nutella. Go for whole wheat bread, but read the ingredients so it doesn't contain a lot of sugar/high fructose corn syrup etc. If you are craving chocolate, go for a piece of dark chocolate. Not as yummy and creamy as nutella, but if it is changes you want it is changes that need to happen! Incorporate a lot of vegetables - look up low calorie/non starchy vegetables. Include a lot of protein! If you feel light headed at the gym then you might 1. be dehydrated and/or 2. are not eating enough for the workout you are doing. Anyone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you want to eat at 1200 make sure it is a day with very light activity/workout so you don't feel lightheaded. If you eat around 1400, then have a good workout day!

What's wrong with white bread, Nutella, and Butter??? As long as she stays within her calorie goals and is eating a well balanced diet..theres no problem eating those things.
  • jmorin0110
    jmorin0110 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know you said not to advise on lifting weights but if you have hit a plateau you need to change everything, not just what you eat. Building muscle helps your body burn more calories naturally and beyond your scheduled work out time...even if you do it for 15 minutes a day, 3 times a week. I have some 5 lb hand weights and they are perfect and really help. If you are determined to lose those last 10-20lbs you have to be willing to try more than walking.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    brah. You need to get on IIFIYM and strong lifts 5x5.

You need to lift weight because you have a high body fat %. You are going to want to "recomp" that, but in order to do that you need a solid knowledge of the basic lifts and movements that will allow you to overload muscles, etc. .. <insert ramblings here>

If not, check out a good bodyweight routine. www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness
    no weights needed, just good old calisthenics.

What if I told you, eating white bread and nutella is fine? You probably are not going to be able to go any further with just "i just eat in moderation" diet alone.

I punched your numbers into the IIFIYM calculator, with no exercise. The key is going to now be getting your protein, fats, and carbs in line.

1284 calories a day.
    If you work out 3 times a week: 1385 calories

Edit: Don't forget she is only 5'0" so her BMI is on the higher end of normal. 24.6
  • krysmuree
    Options
    What worked for you at 156lbs may not work for your at 126lbs. Increase your calorie intake if all you're concerned is diet - work on your macros (Google has a plethora of resources) and test the waters. At worst, you'll gain a little. At best, you'll begin to lose again. The last 10-15lbs can be the hardest to lose, they say. You need to hone in on your eating habits and refine them.
  • randi475
    randi475 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    First, great job! It sounds like you've been doing a good job maintaining at least :)

The amount of calories your body burns is based off your height and weight, for the most part. At 5'0", you'll be eating less calories than most people. Re-calculate your BMR so that you know how much you should be losing in a week at 1200 calories. If you know what to expect, it will help you stay on track, right?

When you exercise, do you eat back those calories? If you do, are you certain that the calories you burned are correct? Many people suggest you use the machine's burn meter over MFP, as it is more accurate.

Do you log everything? Do you keep track of the calories from the nutella and the bread, do you weigh it, do you weigh everything? If you're not tracking everything you're eating correctly, you are likely eating more calories than you think.
    If nothing else, do a trial run for a week of weighing things so you can get a good idea of how (in)accurate you are. At least that should help you get back on track.

Have you been getting a good nights sleep?

If you are making any of the mistakes above, you're better off correcting them. Otherwise you will feel like you're trying so hard only to fail, especially if you're eating more than you think.

Upping your calories isn't going to help. If you're not losing weight now, you will start gaining it.

I hope this helps.