too scared to eat more than 1200..

Options
2»

Replies

• marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    thankyou so much.. i would definotely consider lifting weights..
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    jmorin0110 wrote: »
    I know you said not to advise on lifting weights but if you have hit a plateau you need to change everything, not just what you eat. Building muscle helps your body burn more calories naturally and beyond your scheduled work out time...even if you do it for 15 minutes a day, 3 times a week. I have some 5 lb hand weights and they are perfect and really help. If you are determined to lose those last 10-20lbs you have to be willing to try more than walking.

This. And don't be afraid that weight lifting will make you bulky - PLENTY of women on here can prove to you otherwise.
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options

What's wrong with white bread, Nutella, and Butter??? As long as she stays within her calorie goals and is eating a well balanced diet..theres no problem eating those things. [/quote] @blktn

Yeah that is true, I didn't mean it as a 'wrong' thing. But, in her instance, she is making it seem like it is something that she isn't okay with having in her diet and said she can't give them up. I figured I could just offer some suggestions on alternatives!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    The whole "too scared" thing is where my personal focus is. If you've been stalled for a year, I'd suggest seeing a nutritionist and a trainer to identify problematic areas, and routines that will help you achieve your goals. This is a lifestyle change, and it's an investment. You don't have to see them all the time, but getting some tips from a professional that you trust, who can see you and what you do, could be the key to changing in the way you actually need to change.

The only thing I'd say about the sugary foods is that the high glycemic index of these foods can cause an insulin response that is pretty stressful on the body. Then again, so can not eating enough for the workouts you are doing. Many hormones and chemicals in the body can cause weight retention or swelling. You can most definitely lose weight eating more, if your body actually needs more calories. Me, I don't lose weight at all at 1800 calories but lose fairly easily at 3600 calories.

Ultimately though, to say you want to change your body fat % but then don't want any advice on lifting or muscle toning is like saying, I want to fix my problem without actually having to do anything. While dietary changes can cause fat loss, efficient muscles are the key to effective fat loss. You don't have to bulk to do yourself a heck of a lot of good.
  • marinashakeel
    marinashakeel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    thanks for the help :)