what is your favorite protein powder and why?

Options
I am looking for the perfect one lol

Replies

• JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Jym Pro Jym - Chocolate Cookie Crunch
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm digging on Optimum Nutrition's performance whey isolate.
  • sdsc2003
    sdsc2003 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the flavor of ON but I have recently found out that I am lactose intolerant so I have to switch to Labrada. ON have better flavor and great quality but it will really depend on your goals, how much protein, carbs etc is your daily intake goal. for women it is important to look at the amount of sodium as well, higher sodium options are recommended for high performance athletes while lower sodium is recommend for people who probably do no more than 45 min a day in the gym. Make sure that you are buying an option that is not packed with some fillers that are really not good quality protein. read this article: http://www.10institute.com/protein/filler-in-protein-what-you-can-expect/

oohh I had forgotten Jym Stoppani has a great quality and super great taste protein, I loved the cookies and cream but again, can´t drink it anymore because of the lactose on it.

you can go to www.bodybuilding.com as you can find tons of protein options there with their respective ranks.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    sodium is not really an issue until your doc says, naw bro, too much salt is no good bro.
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is a great, though much too expensive IMO.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Trutein... the taste is out of this world and well worth the cost.

Close second is Muscle Pharm Combat
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    It's going to boil down to personal preference really. Find something with adequate protein to calorie ratios and find one that tastes good. And I've even found that within a brand/type some flavors are great, others suck (and some even mix differently).

I've tried a lot, and my favorites are Trutein cinnabun and marshmallow peanut butter cookie. Even mixed with water they mix thick and dissolve completely.

I also like combat cookies and cream; not as tasty or as thick as trutein, but available at costco and is cheaper (plus no shipping).
  • amitkatz0
    amitkatz0 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Whatever they have on the shelf with the highest protein:carb ratio. They all pretty much taste the same, like whey.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the best I've tasted so far. I was in love with the strawberry one, then tried the chocolate malt and fell in love with that one, and now I'm addicted to cookies and cream lol.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    PHD pharma. Nutrition is fine, tastes nice and mixes well.
  • verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like quest protein.
  • indyrunning
    indyrunning Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How important is taste? I like Raw Meal by Garden of Life. It is a complete meal 17g of protein per serving. It tastes better with almond milk, to be honest.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ON Double Rich Choco - 'coz it is edible! :D
  • jarelismcarrasquillo
    Options
    Vi shakes protein only has 90 calories :)
  • Monikkigargar
    Monikkigargar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Super informational! Thank you!
    sdsc2003 wrote: »
    I like the flavor of ON but I have recently found out that I am lactose intolerant so I have to switch to Labrada. ON have better flavor and great quality but it will really depend on your goals, how much protein, carbs etc is your daily intake goal. for women it is important to look at the amount of sodium as well, higher sodium options are recommended for high performance athletes while lower sodium is recommend for people who probably do no more than 45 min a day in the gym. Make sure that you are buying an option that is not packed with some fillers that are really not good quality protein. read this article: http://www.10institute.com/protein/filler-in-protein-what-you-can-expect/

oohh I had forgotten Jym Stoppani has a great quality and super great taste protein, I loved the cookies and cream but again, can´t drink it anymore because of the lactose on it.

you can go to www.bodybuilding.com as you can find tons of protein options there with their respective ranks.

• NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Lean in Vanilla Creme. 15g of protein and 100 cal. And it's delicious with cashew milk (25 cal per serving)
  • firegirl666
    Options
    Skinny Jane shakes ....so good,keeps you full, gives you energy
  • MarkAsher65
    MarkAsher65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have two that I like: Ultimate Nutrition ISO Sensation 93 Chocolate has 93% protein and only 1 carb per serving. My second choice is Dymatize Nutrition ISO 100 Chocolate because it has 90% protein and 0 carbs per serving. Both taste great in my opinion.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods, 365 Everyday Vanilla Whey
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Quest Protein powder with 8oz of unsweetened Almond milk is my new favorite protein shake. Low fat, low sugar, and low calorie, but due to the thikness of the shake it is very filling. They are Gluten free so I don't have to worry about my Celiacs disease. The 110 calorie shake that I had this afternoon kept me full for 2 hours. Not bad considering it was just a mid afternoon snack.