First time

Options
Hello! Just started tracking my calories this past Friday and doing well. It has been 2 years since I had my baby and really need and want to lose about 40 lbs. Turning 40 this year, so really want to meet my goals. Turning 40 in December, but would like to lose most of the weight well before Dec. Any suggestions? I am also starting T25 and go to the local YMCA.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale and weigh your food. This gives you a realistic idea of what you are eating, calorie-wise, each day. That is the best suggestion I got when I started.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide#latest

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

read those and follow them

try to find some friends on here with similar interests as you and others who have met to goal you wish to achieve, life is more fun with friends :)
  • LetterboxingMoose
    LetterboxingMoose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are off to a good start. The most important thing to do is to log in all your foods correctly. Use a scale for best results. If you have your own recipes, put them into the recipe builder on here and use that for a proper calorie count. I record everything, even when I have had a bad day and know I went over my calories. It is a good way for me to see where I went wrong and helps me make better decisions in the future. Drink plenty of water, I think some people underestimate how important that is. It looks like you have a plan in place for exercise, that will help speed up your weight lost. I am sure you will be playing and running around with your toddler too. Make sure you like the exercises that you are doing. It will help you stick with your plan. I like to set goals each week. My goals are not for weight lost but rather healthy choices. I set an exercise goal each week and a nutrition goal each week. I find it helps me stay on track.
  • DALLYSON85
    Options
    Thank you all!