Gastritis

Options
do any of you have gastritis? I am having a terrible time with this and keep getting sick, despite eliminating a lot of foods from my diet.bsuggestions?

Replies

• blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have erosive gastritis that was diagnosed by my doctor. It is 100% managed if I take the medicine that was prescribed by hem (now OTC). Check with your doctor
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you are in your journey, but I did have gastritis, and don't any more. I'm 5'7" and went from 233 to 195 (and have a ways to go). Around about 210 I was able to cut my prescription in half (under the supervision of my doctor) once I got below 200, I was able to get rid of it with no further stomach pain at all (and it was terribly painful before). I'm not sure if it was the weight loss or the much more regular eating pattern (with no huge meals/snacks), but I feel 1000x better. So, I'm really sorry that I don't have any advice for you right now, except to work with your doctor, but I did want to give you some hope that eventually your might feel better. The only thing that helped me before was severely cutting coffee and diet sodas.
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I suffer with gastritis but have been able to totally manage it with medication. I find alcohol a massive trigger
  • joycejentges
    joycejentges Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do take a medicine to coat the stomach. Right now the list of foods I can eat is short. I am pretty much limited to water for drinks. I also take Omeprozal. I appreciate the responses.
  • today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I eat a very bland breakfast and dinner. But lunch(and only after a workout, Cause jumping around can irritate the stomach with acidic foods) I am able to be a bit more creative with things I can't normally eat. This was only possible after about 2 straight years of taking otc medication and being very boring with food and drink. I use red pepper flakes, mustard sometimes a few fries. Time and consistent otc's are your best bet, give your body time to heal and when you have a few good days in a row try a few bites of something you enjoy