What happens to stretch marks??

Options
Jenny9000
Jenny9000 Posts: 45 Member
edited March 2015 in Chit-Chat
From gaining about 50 lbs in the past year - I've gained an excessive amount of stretch marks.
Mostly around / on my stomach. They're all red and purple - however they're not deep - they look like they're just on the surface. Has anyone had a similar problem, then lost weight? What happened to them? Did the get worse looking, or did the skin go back to normal? Pics if possible? Thanks!

PS - not sure what category this should go in..

Replies

• KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    In my experience, they have faded (i.e. not purple/red anymore), but they're still there.
  • ejdutton
    ejdutton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    They'll turn silvery in colour. Unfortunately they will never go, despite the mass of "miracle" creams an potions on the internet.
  • webs_21
    webs_21 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Keep moisturising them they will eventually fade. Won't completely disappear but they will fade x
  • Jenny9000
    Options
    I currently use Mederma. I used it when I was 14 and growing and it seemed to work well at turning them silver. But they just look super red and pissed off and well, everywhere right now.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    They are actually tiger stripes and I earned every one of them. Thank my kids
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    They are actually tiger stripes and I earned every one of them. Thank my kids

Love that <3
  • Jenny9000
    Options
    I've never been pregnant and I don't want to have children. So I just have them from being straight up fat. I don't have a cool reason to have stretch marks, lol.
  • ejdutton
    ejdutton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Jenny9000 wrote: »
    I've never been pregnant and I don't want to have children. So I just have them from being straight up fat. I don't have a cool reason to have stretch marks, lol.

Same here, but they are my reminder not to let myself get fat again. Also I have plenty of skinny friends who also have stretch marks so try not to worry about them too much.