How to tell if sports bra fits properly?

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    If it takes you 10 minutes to wrestle yourself out of it, it fits! :laugh:

pretty much......... LOL

they are meant to hold you in and keep you from giving yourself a black eye. if they move, they should move together and should not cause pain or harm.
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

pretty much......... LOL

they are meant to hold you in and keep you from giving yourself a black eye. if they move, they should move together and should not cause pain or harm.

:p
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's all about fit here. I'm a small band/large cup size, and I can't stand all that movement movement when I'm running or spinning...I swear by my VS sports bras.

The ultimate, with convertible straps and a back hook (so easy to get off!)
    and the Incredible, impossible to get on/off, but it's like a harness for the girls. It's amazingly comfortable once it's on, too.
    These both have padding too, so no THO in the cold gym. You can use coupons and get them on sale for $30-40 and that's a great deal for how awesome they are.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    AndiJH wrote: »
    It's all about fit here. I'm a small band/large cup size, and I can't stand all that movement movement when I'm running or spinning...I swear by my VS sports bras.

The ultimate, with convertible straps and a back hook (so easy to get off!)
    and the Incredible, impossible to get on/off, but it's like a harness for the girls. It's amazingly comfortable once it's on, too.
    These both have padding too, so no THO in the cold gym. You can use coupons and get them on sale for $30-40 and that's a great deal for how awesome they are.

Wait...when you say, "small band/large cup..." how are you getting those at VS? Because I'm going broke at herroom.com getting my small band/large cup bras...as far as I know, VS doesn't get you a band smaller than 34 or so!
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    do your boobies bounce around or do they stay in place?
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to invent a sports bra that does NOT create uniboob. I have a VS and 2 lulu's, and depending on what action I'm taking, can still come out of downward dog with a uniboob! So aggravating.
  • sdado1013
    sdado1013 Posts: 209 Member
    Options

4hx2hfjou99q.jpg
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    squirrlt wrote: »
    ceevee6 wrote: »
    I have a larger chest so I know I can't wear anything but a maximum support/high impact bra even for lighter impact activities like yoga and lifting (need to make sure the girls are locked and loaded). Like with jeans, the best way to know if it fits is to try it before you buy because you could be different sizes with different brands. The bra is not supposed to be suffocating but should feel tight and secure. And yes, it's going to be a pain to get off esp. if you've been sweating like cray. Your girls shouldn't sneak out of the cups when you jump up and down. There should be no side or top spillage. I particularly like the ones with slight padding (it gets chilly in gym sometimes :disappointed: and cups.
    My recent fave is the c9 high impact bra from Target. http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-women-s-high-support-sports-bra-with-molded-cup/-/A-14968996?lnk=Rec|pdp|viewed_viewed|pdpv1

You might like this one too (or any bigger chested ladies)! I can't. Even. Deal. with sport bra wrestling anymore. I have to go with the hook in back. I wonder if there's a tradeoff. I do get SLIGHT jiggle. but I have not found anything that DOESN'T jiggle a little, even with the uniboober deluxes. Champion's C9 does not come in my size (l'm a tiny band, big cup girl), unfortunately. But this one is secure enough to run in if you get the exact right fit. They also make a non-underwire version that I use for yoga/strength, almost as much support (but 2scared2run in). Pricey, but worth it. Looks GOOD under clothes too. I'd wear it under real clothes, it supports without squishing the dear life out of them.

http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Bra/dp/B005X5FG2O

Love this bra! Check all the colors, some are cheaper than others. I think i got mine ( gray and lavender) for around $30. I can't stand wrestling into a pull over bra that doesn't even work all that well. Underwire encapsulation sports bras are the way to go for big busted girls. Plus, no uniboob.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    I have a larger chest so I know I can't wear anything but a maximum support/high impact bra even for lighter impact activities like yoga and lifting (need to make sure the girls are locked and loaded). Like with jeans, the best way to know if it fits is to try it before you buy because you could be different sizes with different brands. The bra is not supposed to be suffocating but should feel tight and secure. And yes, it's going to be a pain to get off esp. if you've been sweating like cray. Your girls shouldn't sneak out of the cups when you jump up and down. There should be no side or top spillage. I particularly like the ones with slight padding (it gets chilly in gym sometimes :disappointed: and cups.
    My recent fave is the c9 high impact bra from Target. http://www.target.com/p/c9-champion-women-s-high-support-sports-bra-with-molded-cup/-/A-14968996?lnk=Rec|pdp|viewed_viewed|pdpv1

You might like this one too (or any bigger chested ladies)! I can't. Even. Deal. with sport bra wrestling anymore. I have to go with the hook in back. I wonder if there's a tradeoff. I do get SLIGHT jiggle. but I have not found anything that DOESN'T jiggle a little, even with the uniboober deluxes. Champion's C9 does not come in my size (l'm a tiny band, big cup girl), unfortunately. But this one is secure enough to run in if you get the exact right fit. They also make a non-underwire version that I use for yoga/strength, almost as much support (but 2scared2run in). Pricey, but worth it. Looks GOOD under clothes too. I'd wear it under real clothes, it supports without squishing the dear life out of them.

Love this bra! Check all the colors, some are cheaper than others. I think i got mine for around $30. I can't stand wrestling into a pull over bra that doesn't even work all that well. Underwire encapsulation sports bras are the way to go for big busted girls.

It looks so intense.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Love this bra! Check all the colors, some are cheaper than others. I think i got mine for around $30. I can't stand wrestling into a pull over bra that doesn't even work all that well. Underwire encapsulation sports bras are the way to go for big busted girls.

It looks so intense.

what do you want it to look like? LOL
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It looks so intense.

lol, I guess it does look pretty different from the pull over compression bras. It goes on like a regular bra and is almost as comfortable. And most importantly, it's super supportive. I wear a36FF. My boobs are heave and um pendlous. They need that support. In this bra, I can run and jump and do whatever I want.

I swear I don't work for the company. I just looked for a good sports bra for a long time and was really frustrated till I found this one.
  • HeySwoleSister
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OK, I looked at the link for the VS bras. If you think 32 is a "small band size," good on you.

In my wimpy little ribcaged dreams, however. LOL, at 32.

I do have the Panache one, I think. That's a bit more in my ballpark, if you go to the minimum band, maximum cup. Stoopid ribs.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Maia Bra. I wear them every single day to keep the DD girls in place, both for exercise and for everyday wear. Seriously the best bra I've ever found - but unfortunately they are both hard to get and very expensive here in Australia. I can't even do an over the head compression bra - its like I've got nothing on!
  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

This is why I buy zip-front ones. How on earth do people get into and out of normal ones?!

Another one with a large cup size and swinging boobies. I have no idea how I'd wrestle them into an over-the-head job.