Went to the doctor

Options
Just come out of the doctors office and I do not have to take any more insulin so that means no more shots yeah and no more cholesterol medicine and blood pressure medicine A lot of time hard work sweat and tears went to get me here but I'm so happy that I am now I feel so much better thank everybody that help me get to this point and support me you do not know how much that means to me thank you all once again and the journey continues

Replies

• aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    congrats! that is a HUGE accomplishment
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome, the body is amazingly resilient and you are giving it the best chance to work well for you as time goes on. So proud for you!!!!
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow what a fantastic achievement. You must be over the moon. Bet your doctor was pleased too!
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is so great!!! Congrats!
  • ernurse167
    ernurse167 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Strong work. If people would only realize just how much good they can do for themselves with a little hard work and tenacity. As a nurse I see so many people my age and even younger with multiple "chronic" conditions that can be alleviated by just taking care of themselves, it is a bit disheartening.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    That is great news! Congratulations! Now go celebrate with some exercise! :smile:
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome news! I bet your doctor was thrilled!
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! I hope to get off my blood pressure medicine when I go to the doctor in May.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a great gift you have given yourself ... Great job!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done! What a wonderful achievement! I can't wait to get off the bp meds.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!! Well done :)
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You're fabulous! And I bet you made your doctor's day.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Way to get it!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations!

These are my favorite type of success stories. Love hearing that people are able to reduce or stop medication.
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    ernurse167 wrote: »
    Strong work. If people would only realize just how much good they can do for themselves with a little hard work and tenacity. As a nurse I see so many people my age and even younger with multiple "chronic" conditions that can be alleviated by just taking care of themselves, it is a bit disheartening.

• tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot to say I lost 60 pound doing it and I got 20 more to go really 40 where I want to get
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!
  • gymbunny09
    gymbunny09 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's fab on getting off your meds and 60 pounds wow, this is one of my goals to reduce my blood pressure medication hopefully, had mines increased in December which made me start my healthy lifestyle after the xmas hols.
  • fbcarlson
    fbcarlson Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great job! Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's wonderful!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!