Looking to get the old me back, anyone else?!

Options
Hi! My name is Emma and I'm new on here! I would love some motivation from others and would love to encourage others as well

Replies

• emmagrace008
    Options
    I have had depression for almost 3 years now and have gained alot of weight.. I'm determined to get happy healthy me back!
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma. I hope you do well. Is this your first day of a new diet? How did you do?
  • sgulotta29
    sgulotta29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    yes, i am also trying to get the Ole me back. I have never had weight problems and now i do. In the past few years i got married, big changes at work, kidney stone and in october back surgery. i have gained weight little by little until about 6 months ago when another 5 lbs appeared out of no where. so here i am, worried i will just balloon up even more. been to nutritionist, am educated so know that eating candy bars and peanut butter is not the right way to lose weight. saw a dr. and was told to get on this app and count calories.

used to be fun and silly and just starting to get that back, now wish and am trying to lose 20 pounds and keep it off..

Emma, we can do it!!! stick to it, not looking for perfection everyday, just progress :)

sue from chicago
  • emmagrace008
    Options
    I used to be fun and silly too, was always told I was so bubbly.. I miss it but am determined to get it back! I know you can do it too!
  • annagjames
    Options
    Good luck!
  • sgulotta29
    sgulotta29 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you took a first step emma, you are here.
  • RealMenEatPlants
    Options
    Right there with you! We got this!
  • sla67
    sla67 Posts: 6
    Options
    ME TOO!! i feel the same way as ya'll ! i am at my heaviest and i just want to be my strongest and most beautiful in my 40's. I can't seem to stay focused or inspired. I start out strong and then lose momentum. I would love to have encouragement and encourage others :) best of luck to you sweet ladies, here is to a good work out and staying within our calories all week! xoxo
  • santosm0521
    santosm0521 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I was the same exact way, hate who I have become, been on a diet for 22 days and I already see a difference in my mood! Finally getting the old me back! Good luck to you :)
  • Daizy49
    Daizy49 Posts: 4
    Options
    Want to get the old me back too, have put on 14kgs and just want to get back to my old self. As I get older it is harder to do but hate the way I am so have to it. With you guys all the way.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am working on getting back to the old confident self. It is certainly a work in progress. I think I may be getting there though...slowly but surely.
  • FemaleWarriorxo
    FemaleWarriorxo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have had depression for almost 3 years now and have gained alot of weight.. I'm determined to get happy healthy me back!
    I have always been fat for my life. However, I know how you feel with depression. 5+ years now I suffered from it. Ever since dieting it has help. If you need any help or motivation just add me.
  • Kelly6293
    Options
    Hi Emma ! I am new as well, trying to find the old me. I am also suffering from depression that has been seeming to get worse and worse the past few months. I'm hoping changing my diet and exercise will help me feel energetic again. I hope to see you around !
  • emmagrace008
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I'm gonna add everyone and if anyone needs to talk ever just message me.. We will help each other get ourselves back to our pre depression bodies and minds!
  • ShareseCornelius825
    Options
    Hi. I am starting my weight loss get my body back. My aunt has done 10,000 steps for a month and a half now and lost 15 lbs. I would like friends are encouraging and competitive like my aunt has with her coworkers. I wish you all the best. Feel free to send a friend requests.
  • boiledpeanutlver
    boiledpeanutlver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I do fine when at work but my energy level dips when I am home and sad thoughts creep in. Looking forward to looking and feeling better. I think Spring will help.