BLAH! I think I need more friends!

Options
So, it's only been 5 days BUT I have been here EVERYDAY! .... I'm proud of myself. I haven't been doing much in the exercise department but I also refuse to eat my all BONUS calories. Why work out if I am just going toreplace what I have lost? So I am going to commit to never eating more than half of my workout calories.
Mostly I am here for the support aspect. I have the tools and I have the knowledge, I just choose not to have alot of friends where I live. I NEED friends and people to remind me that even the small accomplishments are still accomplishments. Yesterday was a low day for me. I was trapped in the house with a VERY sick baby and there was just no way for me to get a workout in. I sat on MFP for most of the day because there was little else I could do while holding and consoling my ill child. I updated my status often just looking for SOMEONE to say SOMETHING that might lift my spirits and NOTHING. I don't have alot of MFP friends by any means so I'm thinking that if what I have isn't doing it for me then I probably need more.

Replies

• jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request, we can all use some extra encouragement:)
  • girlcantdance
    Options
    Hi!

I have NO MFP friends!! I think I need some too....
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, but make sure you read my profile description first. I hate scaring people.
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me :). You too girlcantdance :)
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Something I did when I was able to hold my baby was squats while holding him and push-ups with him under me and as I went down gave him a kiss, you could also lay on your back with your knees to chest and rest him/her on your shins and bounce him a little. You could do all this depending on how big your "baby" is compared to you....my baby is 12 yrs old and is a foot shorter than I am....good luck. Add me to your friends if you want. :D
  • lbkrillin
    lbkrillin Posts: 19
    Options
    Try throwing a picture up on your profile. people sometimes overlook silhouettes because they are impersonal. It doesnt even have to be a picture of you, it could be your dog or a tree or anything but a silhouette.

This goes for everyone.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I love adding new friends here on MFP. Everyone has a different perspective of most things and I love hearing all sides. This place is a GREAT support system! :)
  • kandyland86
    kandyland86 Posts: 34
    Options
    yes my baby is almost 2 and 30 lbs ... maybe after a bit of time getting into shape ill manage doing those things with him lol! but thanks for the idea! ... the added 30 lbs would be like lifting weights at the gym!
  • MsLaurie65
    MsLaurie65 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi I totally understand how you are feeling. I don't have many friends here where I live. But I am liking MFP everyday I log in. I wouldn't mind having you for a friend and many more if they want me. I am a friendly person who don't mind sending out positive vibes. We are in this together, just hang in there we will all get there!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hello & welcome...
    This site is awesome for motivation and support.
    Anyone can add me as a friend.
    Love to have friends for motivation.
    :wink:
  • afcparker
    afcparker Posts: 33
    Options
    you guys can add me!:smile:
  • rileymama
    rileymama Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It is soo hard when you have sick little ones... :( I think all the times my fitness/diet motivation went out the door was when i had sick kids to care for....and no friends to keep encouraged :) That will change now. If you can get out for even a quick power walk today it'll recharge you and you'll feel bettter and more refreshed. Hope your little guy gets better soon!! Another poster had some good ideas about incorporating him into some fitness throughout the day, if you can. It's a challenge that many of us face! thanks for friendiong me, BTW!!!!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    The friendship connections do help! Anyone is invited to friend me; I love to be there to provide motivation whenever I can!
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    You can add me as a friend also.
  • congresta77
    congresta77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i am pretty new here too and any new friends are welcome ;-P I will send you an add and I will be sure to be encouraging. Hope that your little one is better today! Jami
  • emcando
    emcando Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm new here. Friend me.
  • emcando
    emcando Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm new here. Friend me.
  • tbrew811
    tbrew811 Posts: 40
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me. You too girlcantdance and MrsJones

We are all here to support each other. I love this site. I've tried others, and this one works best for me.

Good luck on your health/fitness goals!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    It's a freindforall :heart: ! :smile:

I accept all friends request ... unless you know, I don't like you. :wink: :drinker:

No seriously. Being able to talk to people on here makes the boring stuff like watching what you eat and logging exercises less burdensome. And seeing others reaching their goals is a great motivator as well.
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me - and that goes for anyone! I also need support and encouragement too and sometimes when i do a blardy good work out and no one says "well done!" it makes me feel a bit pleh. Having said that, i know i should be doing the exercise and praising myself and shouldn't be doing it for anyone else but me, but - well - i'm sure you know what i mean!

ADD ME!!