Am I the only one...?

Options
Merkavar
Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
what are odd foods that you think your the only one to eat it.

Be it unique preparation, lack of prep, combination of flavours or textures.

For me, I enjoy frozen mint peas, I am yet to find anyone else who eats them. When I say frozen I mean I eat them frozen. Like cold minty popcorn.

So do you have an odd or unique food?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I put salmon on arugula, then cover it with hummus.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I used to eat frozen peas when I was a kid. Sooooo good!
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frozen corn when I was little :-) All weekend I have been eating stir fried romaine lettuce. Little course ground garlic salt, little pepper sauce. I had never considered it before this passed Saturday.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Buffalo sauce and jasmine rice with seaweed. You make the rice, then take the stripseaweed, "grab" the rice with it, a bit of sauce and BAM! Delicious.

Also, this is a sometimes food, cinnaminsugar toast. Cookiecutter shape is optional :3
  • emilyesq
    emilyesq Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, my favourite thing to eat was homemade white bread, toasted, with raspberry jam and slices of cheddar cheese on top. And now I've made myself crave it, damn. Maybe I can try to fit that into my calories for tomorrow...
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to make a pb and j with chips squished in between. It adds texture. Haven't had it in a while though. Used to eat buns with just ketchup and mustard. Lemons straight. I have an unhealthy obsession with lemons.
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    what are odd foods that you think your the only one to eat it.

Be it unique preparation, lack of prep, combination of flavours or textures.

For me, I enjoy frozen mint peas, I am yet to find anyone else who eats them. When I say frozen I mean I eat them frozen. Like cold minty popcorn.

So do you have an odd or unique food?

Yum, my kids & I love them!
  • kimberlydgarcia
    kimberlydgarcia Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My mom makes peanut butter & miracle whip sandwiches. I love salty black licorice, so good!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oooh, I used to eat frozen peas when I was a kid. Sooooo good!
    ME TOOOOOOO

was a funny joke I used to go to the screen door between the kitchen and the TV room and hold out my little sauce dish and say MOAR PEAS PLEASE!!!

I think I was 4?

One "weird" thing I do is put A1 steak sauce on my mashed potatoes when we go out to eat. I like the salty carbs- but I honestly don't eat that of weird things typically. I'm boring.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I always used to eat frozen hot dogs. I would just take it out of the freezer and put it under hot water for a few seconds. Delicious!
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I pour ketchup on EVERYTHING salty.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this in a long time, but now I want it!

A single piece of white bread with Miracle Whip on top. YUM!
  • minijump21
    minijump21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From time to time I've been known to eat peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.
  • rlmckenzie7
    rlmckenzie7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    minijump21 wrote: »
    From time to time I've been known to eat peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.

grew up on that...yum

• spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    miracle whip sandwiches (WOW I'm not the only one?! Yay!)
    cottage cheese as a chip(crisp) dip
    chips as additional soft-taco filling
    Wendy's frosty as a french fry dip
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My mom makes peanut butter & miracle whip sandwiches.

Gross I'm gonna go throw up now lol
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I eat burnt cheese. As in I take a piece of cheese put it on a plate and cook it in the microwave til its bubbly and brown. Yummy! Before I cut down my ranch consumption I used it for chicken, steak, burgers, fries, chips, by itself, on a baked potato, pizza, pork chops, in fried rice. Pretty much everything.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    AmberSue09 wrote: »
    I eat burnt cheese. As in I take a piece of cheese put it on a plate and cook it in the microwave til its bubbly and brown. Yummy! Before I cut down my ranch consumption I used it for chicken, steak, burgers, fries, chips, by itself, on a baked potato, pizza, pork chops, in fried rice. Pretty much everything.

sprinkle parmesan in a little pile, I use the oven with parchment paper instead of the microwave, but you get this when you're done
    Tuiles_parmesan.jpg
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Butter! When I was a youngin I would eat butter straight up! And any y'all from the 70's will remember sugar samiches!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I found Wasabi Ranch Snap pea crisps. I think I am addicted. Not sure if anyone else eats them? The people at work think I am gross :smiley: