Why did my macro goals go up?

Options
My macro goals went up today , dose anybody know why? . My guess is because my fit bit says I burned 1000 cals walking for an hour today , do they adjust like that? Thanks everyone !

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you calorie goal goes up because of input from your fitbit then your macros will obviously go up as well.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yep...the more you burn through exercise or an activity tracker, the more calories/macros you earn to eat.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    That'd do it. When you exercise you earn extra calories. Since the calories are made from the macros, the macro #s go up
  • mokaiba
    mokaiba Posts: 141 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Its up to you if you want to eat more than what it adds for you. If your goal was 1900 cals and you exercised 1000 cals, the calc adjusts the calories to 900 only have been eaten even if 1900 have been eaten. In turn, the protein/fat/carbs are increase as well to adjust for the exercise. However, as I said before, its up to you if you want to eat more than 1900...its basically saying if you eat 2100 that day its not gonna hurt you in the long term.

Personally, I end up eating 100-200 over when I burned a lot of calories...not because of the calc, but due to me becoming hungry. I typically will down a protein shake when that happens or eat a bunch of random food, if I was hungry 2-3 times more (March 5th in my diary, eg (please note that I am leaning out (means I will gain weight (example lean plan: http://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/meal-plans/28-days-lean-meal-plan )) unlike many here who are trying to lose weight regardless of where the loss comes from)).
  • caveman2014
    caveman2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Almost 1000 cals for walking to the gym and back , wow !
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone ! Almost 1000 cals for walking to the gym and back , wow !

ummm... errr.. that burn sounds a bit OTT..
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah that's a lot for one hours walk...

as for the raise yes it's because you have extra calories...