need support to lose weight

Options
Hiya everyone my names hayley I lost 16 stone 10 lbs through gastric bypass surgery three yrs ago and struggling as ive recently put three stone on I need a friendly support

Replies

• missmegonline
    missmegonline Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm trying to get back on the wagon after doing well for so long prior to Christmas. It's tough to get started again. Have a good day.
  • dsmay03
    dsmay03 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! This is a great app with lots of inspirational stories and people to support you on your journey.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    For Americans 16 stones = 224 lbs. 1 Stone = 14 lbs.

You can do it. Drink water, eat alot of fiber filled foods to feel full for longer. I like wheat and vegetables. It really makes a difference when I eat whole wheat for breakfast, have a lunch mostly of vegetables and the same for dinner. I lost 35 lbs (2.5 stones) that way and attained my goal of losing 100 lbs (7.14 Stones) which took 3 years. But then this year I stopped what I was doing for the holidays and gained back 45 lbs (3.21 Stones) and am back to losing weight.

These forums help keep me motivated. Posting and replying to people. Also I found a great group called:
    Eat More 2 Weigh Less [http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less ]
    It is based on eating a little less and just taking more time to lose weight.

I find this very achievable as a life style change, because diets don't work. I also will try to walk 2 - 3 miles (3.2- 4.8 Kilometers) a day if I can. Walking gives me extra calories to eat which is what helps me. Also I try to keep my weakness foods (foods I can't help but eat, like (american) chips and sweets) away from me, or I don't buy them. It doesn't help that my work as alot of them. But it's better to eat alittle then none at all, the reason for me is because if I deny myself all sweets then I gorge when I get an opportunity for them. I found the only way to prevent this is to just allow myself 1 or 2 treats a day. I can't go through my gorge fest I did during the holidays again.
  • klb4216
    klb4216 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can totally add me my dear. A friend in need, is a friend in deed. :)