What's for lunch- desk people

Options
hey guys!! Looking for what you eat for lunch in an office setting. I did great with MFP and now I'm at a desk all day with people who order out daily. What are some good options (my commute is 1.5 hrs so has to travel well). Really just trying to get more lunch ideas!! Thanks!!

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Do you have a microwave?
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I'm eating lasagna. I made a pasta free lasagna (low carb for health reasons) for my lunch this week. I just cut a piece and go. Casseroles are great for the week. Prep it Sunday.
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm having a homemade turkey burger on an english muffin. I make about 3lbs of turkey burgers and freeze them. Then I thaw and cook them the night before for easy lunches.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm having a mexican style pizza. Whole wheat pita bread topped with refried beans spiced with cumin or taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, lettuce, green onion, cheese and salsa.

I also bring tuna salad with crackers. Sandwiches with turkey, ham or tuna.

Wraps with hummus, meat and veggies.

Large salad topped with whatever I like.

Soup. I found a good ole mason jar works best. Stain proof and spill proof.

Leftovers.

Some weekends, I cook a large pack of chicken. I then use for wraps, sandwiches, tacos or salads.

Then some days, I just pack a meat like chicken with sides of baby carrots, a fruit and a cheese.

Ice packs are your friend with that commute. Good luck.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm in my office from 8:15, after a commute of over an hour, so I eat breakfast and lunch at work (and at my desk to keep costs down!).

Pre-commute breakfast - Grande latte (whole milk).

Breakfast (at work) - Bob's Red Mill 10grain Cereal (cooked in the microwave), with 1 cup blueberries. (Sometimes I bring in (pre-cooked!) steel cut oats or quinoa, and heat those in the microwave.)

Lunch - 3-4 oz snap peas. Medium/Large apple.
    Sometimes I add hummus on a wasa cracker and/or 2 oz deli meat, but I have taken to spending my lunch hour getting in a walk, so I generally stick to just the snap peas and the apple.

I, obviously, save most of my calories for dinner and dessert.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm having a salad. I get those Dole salad kits and portion it out for two days.
  • terricherry2
    terricherry2 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I made a tortilla wrap filled with tuna and lots of veggies today. Leftovers are always a good option. I had lasagne last week for a few days.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    Do you have a microwave?
    Yes I do :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Today is 4 oz. of Buffalo chicken salad (I make it with plain Greek yogurt, Frank's, some ranch seasoning and blue cheese), pork rinds for crackers and a string cheese.
  • lohkin
    lohkin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Five days of Lunches, no heating required (maybe #5). Each lunch is ~/-400 calories

1. roast turkey slices with celery w/peanut butter, carrots, grapes, strawberries, pretzles w/low cal ranch sauce
    2. Spinach, apple, diced celery, beet & blue cheese salad (no dressing), 1 orange and some strawberries, pretzles
    3. Spinach, 3oz tuna, diced celery, 1 packet spicy wholly guacamole, 1 orange, asian chili sauce
    4. Diced zucchini and yellow squash, 3oz chunk chicken breast, buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, ritz crackers
    5. PANCAKES! with maple syrup, cottage cheese w/blackberry preserves, grapes and strawberries.

The two little containers are breakfast snacks of cottage cheese with blackberry preserves (~50 cals total)

rt3nkd0ug388.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I usually have a big garden salad with 4-6 ounces of some kind of meat, poultry, or fish, 1/2 an avocado, a boiled egg, and some kind of fruit for desert. This time of year I also make a lot of stews and whatnot so I often have leftovers of that.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I just had my lunch and it was sweet potato soup (microwave available at my office), and 2 clementines.
  • ccam99
    ccam99 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Today I had a serving of Dole chopped salad plus tuna fish (not in the same bowl). We have a fridge/toaster/microwave at work so I usually bring deli turkey and make a sandwich on 100 calorie thins and keep bags of freezer veggies that I can microwave. Also other healthy snacks and also sometimes leftovers from home like chicken that I can add to a salad or leftover chili, etc. and lately I have been buying the pre-made mixed fruit containers at the grocery store, a little costly but when you consider it lasts a few days it's not really that expensive.
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    lohkin wrote: »
    Five days of Lunches, no heating required (maybe #5). Each lunch is ~/-400 calories

1. roast turkey slices with celery w/peanut butter, carrots, grapes, strawberries, pretzles w/low cal ranch sauce
    2. Spinach, apple, diced celery, beet & blue cheese salad (no dressing), 1 orange and some strawberries, pretzles
    3. Spinach, 3oz tuna, diced celery, 1 packet spicy wholly guacamole, 1 orange, asian chili sauce
    4. Diced zucchini and yellow squash, 3oz chunk chicken breast, buffalo sauce, 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, ritz crackers
    5. PANCAKES! with maple syrup, cottage cheese w/blackberry preserves, grapes and strawberries.

The two little containers are breakfast snacks of cottage cheese with blackberry preserves (~50 cals total)

rt3nkd0ug388.jpg

Wow can you just come to my house and do my prep?? Lol that looks great!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Asian noodle dishes usually travel well and are tasty either hot or cold.

Homemade dan dan noodles with ground beef for me today.

I used tofu shirataki fettucine and am glad I did. Not only do they hold up nicely to sauce, the meat + sauce + garnish came to a bit more cals than I was thinking - first time making the recipe, didn't log until I was done.
  • ccam99
    Options
    If you do decide to order out, which I do on occasion, I get chinese food because it's located on my road. Green beans with chicken. Tell them to saute only with soy sauce. I will sometimes eat just a little rice with it to help fill me up.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I try and take a lunch but if I forget i like to order lettuce wraps. I also drink tea with all my meals.
  • ccam99
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lohkin,

Thank you for posting a picture. I have those containers and always wanted to put items in that I would have to reheat. I like your no cook ideas.

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I am having ground turkey (seasoned with taco seasoning) on top of spinach and salsa for dressing, Greek yogurt with agave nectar and strawberries. I have a little lunch box that is insulated so most of my meals travel well and then I put it in the fridge at work.