Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Around 300 per day. I need them all!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Just curious. They give me about 160 but I try to stay near 100 grams most days. I feel like my weight loss will slow down with the more carbs I consume. Total I'll eat 151 today and I feel bad about it.. so just curious how much others consume daily and still lose weight?

I am equally curious as to who gave you 160 grams, why you try to stay near 100 instead, why you feel weight loss will slow down with more carbs (do you mean carbs percentage or exceeding your total calorie goal?), and why you feel bad for eating under the goal "they" gave you?

"They"? Mfp gave me 156 but Ive been told that eating lower carbs helps with faster weight loss. I just wanted to know from people who have loss a nice amount of weight if they consumed more or less than me

Lowering carbs won't make you lose any faster than any other method. As long as you're eating at a deficit you will lose.

Unless you have a medical condition..then things can get trickier.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    An average of 165 g (about 35% of my calories). I have a doctor recommended maximum of 180 g daily because of T2D.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    lgrimm70 wrote: »
    My boyfriend is a fitness and nutrition trainer he has me on 165 Protein 40 fats and 45 carb right now. My body functions better with a low carb high fat

That's a lot of protein. Definitely wouldn't consider that a high fat diet. You should up your fats and drop your protein if you are going to go that low of carb.

Agreed.
  • RatRaceOne
    RatRaceOne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    20g net. I've never been healthier and never felt better. Not to mention I've lost over 300lbs.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    245g is my goal. Some days I get there, some days I don't.
  • hotsungirl
    hotsungirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 240 which right now is 40% of my macros. Carbs are fuel.

You have a choice for fuel -- carbs (glucose) or ketones (fat).

• LCurry822
    LCurry822 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new here and I am in need of some good friends that has an ultimate goal to lose 100 or more pounds. When it comes to carbs I try to eat my recommended amount of 289g but I don't always get to. I am still bouncing back from having a baby so my appetite still hasn't came back yet. Plus I'm still unable to workout since its only been close to 3 weeks since I had my son. Looking for support and inspiration from all who is looking to lose weight.
  • LCurry822
    LCurry822 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    RatRaceOne wrote: »
    20g net. I've never been healthier and never felt better. Not to mention I've lost over 300lbs.

Great job I pray to say the same thing one day soon.
  • MattBeFit
    MattBeFit Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    180 - 200g from sweet potato, brown rice, and veggies. Trace amounts from nut butters, etc.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In a cut I eat around 225 grams or so. When I'm in maintenance I eat more. Carbs are my flex as I generally keep protein and fat pretty static regardless of my weight control goals.

Eating carbs doesn't hinder fat loss...actually, carbs are kind of hard to store as fat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining right now but carbs are 245g (or 35% of my intake).
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    mine is between 69-70 grams per day. If I go less then 50 I will not be healthy. if I go above the 70 grams I gain like crazy. I have health issues so that is why my body is messed.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    About 25-50 total g carbs (approx. 15-40 g net carbs) per day. Lower end is better for me. I have lost 92 lbs. eating low carb, working on the rest that I want to lose.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    hotsungirl wrote: »

Exactly. I haven't dropped dead yet in 2.5 years of low carb eating, so I am pretty sure ketones are an excellent fuel source.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't know, but I eat a lot of carbs because my goal is 45g of fiber per day. I don't track carbohydrates except for fiber.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    According to the reports, my highest carb count in thirty days has been 235. It's usually around 170-200.

Those delicious sweets carbs! o:)
  • Sunshine48205
    Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the replies. Apparently carbs are not the enemy lol. I'm joking before anyone gets mad.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I eat around 300g of carbs. I do lots of distance cardio, so I can't survive without them. I usually have a pretty good mix of complex and simple carbs though. Nothing is more delicious than steel cut oats with cinnamon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    hotsungirl wrote: »

So you're saying that if I eat carbs I won't burn fat? Interesting...I wonder what all this weight I dropped was then. I know it wasn't muscle because I'm pretty good on that end...Hmmm...must have been some kind of magic dust or something since I was eating carbs so obviously couldn't burn fat.

You people are hilarious....it's not sweat off my back if you want to low carb or keto or whatever...but stop spewing nonsense.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15735-1387571325-10.gif