anyone doing HIIT?

Options
2»

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it. I found an 8-week program on bodybuilding.com that I'm giving a go. Bump for advice and to see if anyone has other programs they would recommend.

Link? Pretty please :smile:

• MattBeFit
    MattBeFit Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do HIIT frequently. Best methods I've found are: sprinting/jogging, stationary bike, stairs, and rope training/jogging.
  • leduque
    leduque Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love it. Makes me lean and mean!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm trying it. I found an 8-week program on bodybuilding.com that I'm giving a go. Bump for advice and to see if anyone has other programs they would recommend.

Link? Pretty please :smile:

Posted above.
  • tincanonastring
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Many people do interval training, but not true high intensity interval training.

Are talking about using a HRM to make sure you're in the proper heart rate range during peak and rest times?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Many people do interval training, but not true high intensity interval training.

Are talking about using a HRM to make sure you're in the proper heart rate range during peak and rest times?

Correct. Like for me, I do heavy cardio intervals, and some exercise are HIIT, but because of knee issues there are some exercises I don't hit the 90%+ mark for the full duration. And I have found some people base their experience on the exertion they feel instead of HRM numbers, which is also not as accurate. There is benefit for heavy interval cardio for fat loss, but not for improving VO2 max, per se. At least from studies I read.

That and not using proper ratios for work v. rest, though that can var from 1:1 to 1:3 depending on needs. Just read another study that is testing overactive ratios of 3:1 in a 12 week program that also show very good results.
  • tincanonastring
    Options

Correct. Like for me, I do heavy cardio intervals, and some exercise are HIIT, but because of knee issues there are some exercises I don't hit the 90%+ mark for the full duration. And I have found some people base their experience on the exertion they feel instead of HRM numbers, which is also not as accurate. There is benefit for heavy interval cardio for fat loss, but not for improving VO2 max, per se. At least from studies I read.

That and not using proper ratios for work v. rest, though that can var from 1:1 to 1:3 depending on needs. Just read another study that is testing overactive ratios of 3:1 in a 12 week program that also show very good results.

I'm just starting out with a program that begins at 1:4 and will have me at a 2:1 by the end, but I feel like I might literally die if I tried to get up to 3:1.