Strength Training and Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I don't actually own a scale, specifically because I would weigh myself everyday and get discouraged. I use the scale at the gym every Monday. :-P

it can get quite addictive and then like today you get discouraged and forget the measurements and how you feel part.

Lol, I used to use the gym scale every day. The trainers there actually started chasing me away from it!
  • Dianaa31015
    Options
    This sounds too familiar to me. It could and most likely be muscle weight. This is actually one of the reasons I'm scared of strength training. It's so discouraging when you worked your butt off and the scale is either not moving or worse going up. So if I decide to start strength training again this time I might not be using the scale as often
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    This sounds too familiar to me. It could and most likely be muscle weight. This is actually one of the reasons I'm scared of strength training. It's so discouraging when you worked your butt off and the scale is either not moving or worse going up. So if I decide to start strength training again this time I might not be using the scale as often

Does scale weight really tell you how your body would look? Are we doing this to hit a certain number and then stop?

• mgtownsend71
    mgtownsend71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Does scale weight really tell you how your body would look? Are we doing this to hit a certain number and then stop?

nope...this is a new way of life for me - a lifestyle change. When I reach my goal weight (whenever and however long that may take) I will be maintaining it for the rest of my life. So the scale will be a secondary or even third tool of measure, clothes fitting, how I feel and measurements will be the first,
  • mgtownsend71
    mgtownsend71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    and I love strength training!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

nope...this is a new way of life for me - a lifestyle change. When I reach my goal weight (whenever and however long that may take) I will be maintaining it for the rest of my life. So the scale will be a secondary or even third tool of measure, clothes fitting, how I feel and measurements will be the first,

I know you knew the answer by reasons of you weight train. It was directed to someone else.

How you feel should always be first then maybe measurements and photos as second.