Not getting enough calories

Options
hi I'm quite new so please excuse me,
I am struggling at the end of the day to use all my calories always end up with about 200 left over! I am giving mySelf 1200 a day so just not sure can anyone give me some advice ?

Replies

• scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You definitely shouldn't be eating less than 1200. Trying adding higher calorie snacks like nuts or using coconut or olive oil to cook with, they will add lots of calories and healthy fats.
  • naomidavies
    naomidavies Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks maybe that's why I've never been able to shift the weight cause I'm not eating enough cals
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Eat a little less "diet food". You had to eat more than that to gain weight. Eat some of what you ate before. Drink some of your calories. A glass of fruit juice has 150. Eat 2 tablespoons of peanutbutter. They have 180. Eat half an avocado. Or add 2 large whole eggs. Drink a glass of full fat milk. Or eat 175g of full fat yoghurt.
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i will never ever understand these posts...

i know not helpful...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Thanks maybe that's why I've never been able to shift the weight cause I'm not eating enough cals

Nobody has ever failed to lose weight by eating too little.
  • naomidavies
    naomidavies Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks I'm so glad I wrote on here cheers for all your help maybe I'm being to strickt with myself !
  • jt880
    jt880 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    having 200 left over is not a big deal if you are not measuring everything to the last oz you are probably having a lot less than that left.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    You're not eating enough therefore your body will hold on to the fat as a survival technique.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough therefore your body will hold on to the fat as a survival technique.

If this was true, anorexics would be fat.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods can be your friends when you're trying to boost your calories. This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

See my previous comment.
  • LifeInAWay
    LifeInAWay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    On days that I find that I was a little TOO smart about my diet, I like to end my day with 2TBSP of peanut butter. It's not too filling and gives me that last little boost that I need. And makes me feel like I'm not missing out on the good stuff in life. haha