Am I the only one...?

Options

Replies

• Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    When I am pressed for time I take a can of diced tomatoes add a can of whatever fish is handy (tuna, salmon, crab or even sardines if pressed) add some diced red bell pepper and dried chili flakes, microwave it and call it Chowder.
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    - Toasted peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (the best!)

- Bowls of sliced dill pickles with ketchup, mustard, and salt warmed in the microwave. I did this when I craved a greasy burger so I could at least get a partial taste of it.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter mixed with syrup. I never thought it was odd, but someone recently pointed out that it was. I think it's great!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »

- Bowls of sliced dill pickles with ketchup, mustard, and salt warmed in the microwave. I did this when I craved a greasy burger so I could at least get a partial taste of it.

I make PB and Bacon samiches all the time! LOVE THEM!!!
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like burnt cheese also
    Sour cream on eggs
    Eat hummus with my finger when nobody is looking
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat it often but I guess my scrambled eggs and tuna with Sriracha sauce would fit the billet as an obscure food.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    what are odd foods that you think your the only one to eat it.

Be it unique preparation, lack of prep, combination of flavours or textures.

For me, I enjoy frozen mint peas, I am yet to find anyone else who eats them. When I say frozen I mean I eat them frozen. Like cold minty popcorn.

So do you have an odd or unique food?

Nope, you're not the only one. I always keep a bag of frozen peas around, and enjoy them frozen or wait a few minutes for the chill to come off and eat them with a dash of salt and cayenne.

One thing I do that my husband finds weird is I combine like 100g of cottage cheese with 100g frozen peas and a hard boiled egg or 2. I just mash and mix it all together into this lumpy pile and eat it.
    It's like having salad bar without any of that pesky lettuce getting in the way. :)

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    shamcd wrote: »

I'm a self-proclaimed "saltaholic", but I don't think I could ADD salt to dill pickles!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Rachechols wrote: »
    I like to make a pb and j with chips squished in between. It adds texture. Haven't had it in a while though. Used to eat buns with just ketchup and mustard. Lemons straight. I have an unhealthy obsession with lemons.

I used to do this, too! Fixed my hamburger or hotdog craving without the meat. And, I also am obsessed with lemons. And limes. And anything citrus, really.
  • racheljacobsen
    racheljacobsen Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    We make this appetizer in our family, SO YUMMY and I never tell people what is in the sauce until after they've tasted it otherwise no one will eat it if I tell them before hand.

1 cup ketchup or chili sauce
    1 cup grape jelly
    Put in a sauce pan and cook until it becomes a sauce
    Cut up kielbasa or throw in little hotdogs and cook in the sauce until the skins curl or splits
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    We make this appetizer in our family, SO YUMMY and I never tell people what is in the sauce until after they've tasted it otherwise no one will eat it if I tell them before hand.

1 cup ketchup or chili sauce
    1 cup grape jelly
    Put in a sauce pan and cook until it becomes a sauce
    Cut up kielbasa or throw in little hotdogs and cook in the sauce until the skins curl or splits
    My grandmother used to make something similar, with little smokies in her crockpot. She used currant jelly.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oooh, I used to eat frozen peas when I was a kid. Sooooo good!

I ate frozen corn! It was so good
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Butter! When I was a youngin I would eat butter straight up! And any y'all from the 70's will remember sugar samiches!

I remember butter and sugar sandwiches
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This morning for breakfast I had scramble made with cut green beans, a hot dog, egg beaters, salt, pepper and shredded mozzarella cheese.

• mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oooh, I used to eat frozen peas when I was a kid. Sooooo good!

Me too, and frozen oven chips. When I was a child. Ahem. *looks away shiftily*.

Cheesy rice is my favourite drunk food.

• PaulLester
    Options
    I used to eat Marmite/yeast extract on bread then spread raspberry jam on it. The mix of sweet and savory is awesome. Also PB and cheddar on a sandwich is really good.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like to eat straight martini olives out of the jar. I also like to put black beans on a salad with Opa! feta dill greek yogurt (it's actually delicious). When I ate meat, I would make hot dogs with Asian stir fry sauce in a pan. I also make a concoction with black beans, tuna, hot sauce, and pineapple chunks that I put on a lettuce wrap. I have strange tastes.
  • manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Rachechols wrote: »
    Lemons straight. I have an unhealthy obsession with lemons.

This^^

I eat lemons like oranges; limes too.

• SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I love plain crackers (the type made for cheese) with a bit of margarine spread on them, and no topping. I can eat soooo many of those!