Am I the only one...?

Options

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oooh, I used to eat frozen peas when I was a kid. Sooooo good!
    ME TOOOOOOO

was a funny joke I used to go to the screen door between the kitchen and the TV room and hold out my little sauce dish and say MOAR PEAS PLEASE!!!

I think I was 4?

One "weird" thing I do is put A1 steak sauce on my mashed potatoes when we go out to eat. I like the salty carbs- but I honestly don't eat that of weird things typically. I'm boring.

I do this too! Never met anyone else who likes it and I get a lot of strange looks every time. I don't really even like gravy. A1 is great on baked potatoes and scrambled eggs too :wink:
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name of the stuff, but when I lived on the coast I used to eat this jerky that was made out of squid instead of beef. High protein and had a slightly sweeter flavor than standard jerky. They've only got it in the specialty Asian foods store where I live now, so it's over five times as much. Sometimes I really miss being in the city.

The other one is horchata over cinnamon cereals like chex or cinnamon toast crunch instead of milk. I can't have been the only one to have figured that one out, but these days cereal with just milk is depressing.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    Butter! When I was a youngin I would eat butter straight up! And any y'all from the 70's will remember sugar samiches!

OMFG YES sugar on two slices of buttered Wonderbread I haven't thought about that since the 70's!

My mom used to make all these weird PBJ substitutions when we ran out of stuff. PB and caro syrup; cream cheese and jam. All on Wonderbread, of course.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream with BBQ Fritos scoops.. The ultimate sweet & salty treat :P
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i think it's my ability to eat so many weird combinations thats added to some of my weight gain. tortillas w/ butter and jam, slightly melted butter w/ sugar and salt, I just had ravioli's w/ blue cheese, and ramen noodles w/ butter, season pack, and cheese. LOL, butter is my running theme.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I used to eat mayo and cheese sandwiches when I was a kid. Gross.

I love cucumbers and squirt cheese, crouton and sour cream "tacos", soy sauce and french fries. I love burned cheese and steak sauce on my fries/baked potatoes/mashed potatoes.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Not all that strange but I used to eat, and still do on special occasions, a toasted blueberry bagel (frozen variety) sandwich with 2 hot dogs cooked in the microwave (cut in half), a slice of american cheese, ketchup, and mayo.

IMO The sweetness of the blueberry bagel makes it taste better.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Ohh toasted blueberry bagel with cheese is so good.
  • rachelnumberone
    rachelnumberone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used to eat ketchup and mustard sandwiches & frozen peas. I loved eating drops of sucaryl, and I would put reduced cream on steak like a sauce. Gross! And fairy bread, it's still delicious, I want some now.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I like boiled eggs with mustard. And pickles with mustard. And fries with mustard.
    I like stuff with mustard.
    Mustard.
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    Butter! When I was a youngin I would eat butter straight up! And any y'all from the 70's will remember sugar samiches!

I remember butter and sugar sandwiches

And people say our sugar and fat intake has gone up in the last years, lol.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Flaming hot Cheetos and vanilla ice cream, but I don't eat it anymore, it's so good though. And starburst with nacho cheese. I like the sweet savory, salty, spicy combinations.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I made a "Ramen Salad" last night out of a block of beef flavored ramen noodles, a tablespoon of butter, and a can of mixed veggies. I actually ate it cold today for lunch to go along with my other items, so good!
    I also do/did:
    -Panera Bread chips in their french onion soup
    -french fries in frostys
    -chick fil a sauce on a chick fil a sandwich, and as a dip for the fries
    Looking at this, it's no wonder I got so damn big LOL! :neutral_face:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    French onion dip as a sandwich spread, is that wierd?

Bread roll, BBQ chicken breast, creamy pasta salad, plastic wrap cheese slice, French onion dip and whole seeded honey mustard.
  • jeicorsair
    jeicorsair Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Butter! When I was a youngin I would eat butter straight up!

I did this too as a kid (even worse, ate spoonfuls of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), along with peanut butter & butter sandwiches. I was on the keto diet for my seizures, so it was encouraged.

I also liked to dip sour cream & cheddar chips in ketchup. Oh, and ranch dressing on pizza (any kind.)

For awhile I had to stay at some relatives, and the only food they had around that I could make myself was hot dog buns (freezers full of them, but no hot dogs), Kraft cheese, and ketchup.

Nowadays, I don't think I eat anything that unusual.

• debtiffany_
    debtiffany_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have eaten frozen blueberries since I was a child, and still do to this day.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese with everything! Soup, yogurt, beans, meat, rice, tomato sauce, veggies, lasagna, crackers, salad, tuna. Had some for dinner...and a snack lol. Also, ricotta cheese,yogurt, and trail mix are yummy together!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I like french fries on my hamburgers, and sour cream & onion chips on my turkey sandwiches.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Oh cheddar and sour cream chips on a bologna and cheese literally the best summer food. Haha!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter mixed with syrup. I never thought it was odd, but someone recently pointed out that it was. I think it's great!
    It's not odd, it's awesome! I forgot about this little gem, and how much I love it!
    Wendy's frosty as a french fry dip
    Only one of the best combinations ever.

My mom and I used to eat fried bologna and cheese sandwiches with lettuce and horseradish mayo. They're delicious. If I still ate meat I'd have to make one of these again.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I stir ketchup into my mashed potatoes. When the color is fairly uniform (pink), it's ready to eat.