I weighed today for the first time in a year...

Options
And it wasn't pretty. I weigh 2 lbs more than I did 9 months pregnant! OMG, 40 lbs to lose!
This is not going to be easy, I need to change my whole lifestyle! I am a slug...a chunky slug. :(

Replies

• alingle77
    alingle77 Posts: 24
    Options
    Stay strong !!! U can do it !!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    It's not easy, but with determination, it is possible!
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We can do it together! I have about 60, so I can totally identify!
  • princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Know the feeling!! But you can totally do it!!
  • j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I totally hear you!! I just figured if I didn't get on the scale, I wouldn't know and then I wouldn't have to face it. WRONG. :( I started a pretty strict lifestyle change 3 weeks ago and have lost 20 pounds! I'm determined and hope that here I will find the support to keep me going through those tough days!! You can do it! Just remember we have to do it for OURSELVES!!!!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    Yes! You CAN do it. I know you can. You gotta really want it though!!! Good luck on your journey!
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    the first step was admitting you need to lose. the second step was joining MFP! you're on your way. wooooooooohooooooo!! good luck!. we're all here for support! :bigsmile:
  • sandramoore66
    Options
    Hey Dee,

Getting started is the hardest part so once you start seeing results it's really going to motivate you. This site helps so much! Friend me, I love to stay in touch. I have 60 lbs to go.

Sandra
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You have to stay on here and stay strong. We are all here to support you. Feel free to befriend me. Good luck
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    nooooooo !!! you will have so much support here! you will do it!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    u can do it!! 1day at a time.
    good luck
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You made a big step by getting on here and deciding to make a change. Welcome, and we're all here for support!
  • Chantee33
    Chantee33 Posts: 2
    Options
    just one word...log, log, and log... it works I lost 3 pounds since Monday
  • leahkayl
    leahkayl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    j_desmet,

How strict of a diet are you talking about? 20 pounds in 3 weeks is amazing!!! I hope
    it is OK to ask.
  • bex22mcn
    bex22mcn Posts: 90
    Options
    You don't look like a slug to me! I have over 40 to go so feel free to add me and we can do it together....
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    you can do it girl, I lost 35 lbs so far and still have atleast 25 to go! you or anyone can can add me! the more friends you got the more motivation, inspiration, and support you'll have!!!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I joined about a month ago with 75 pounds to lose!!! I have 60 more to go! I wish you all the luck on your weight loss journey. Just remember, if you fall off the band wagon or have a bad day of eating, there is always tomorrow. We are all here to support you through this! Good luck!! :D
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    One day at a time my friend. Take it slow and don't try to make huge changes right away. Feel free to add me as a buddy if you need help or motivation. Good luck to you...you can do this!
  • skizzizme
    skizzizme Posts: 14
    Options
    No more putting yourself down! You are a beautiful person and a great Mom! Try to focus on the good things, we are all in this together. YOU GOT THIS!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    A chunky slug is no way to describe yourself. Not at all. More like a gorgeous strong willed woman. :) Good luck on your journey... And if you need encouragement... Feel free to add me!