my name is halima aiming 2 lose 34 lbs England

Options
halimahgalab
halimahgalab Posts: 15
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey am on diet shakes and have a healthy tea..do spinning classes twice a week and my job is constant exersise my goal is to lose 34 1bs...any tips useful

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Tip 1 - Ditch the shakes and eat real food.
    Tip 2 - All tea is healthy. There are no magical properties about any tea.
    Tip 3 - consume less calories than you burn and you will lose weight. No need to go to extremes (shakes and teas) to get there.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Check out this guide.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Also, you know its lbs with an L not 1bs with a 1, right?
  • halimahgalab
    Options
    I do now :)
  • mumblemagic
    Options
    I do now :)

:smile: This is a double posted thread - might want to delete one of them (pesky refresh button?)
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile pic and based on the topic I was so confused because I was like, "this girl doesn't need to lose 341 lbs!"

Same here!
  • anschwartz9242
    anschwartz9242 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check out this guide.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

On my old typewriter, there was no numeral 1 ; I learned to use the letter "L" -- lower case, of course. :smile:
  • halimahgalab
    Options
    OK....its now changed retyped....
  • halimahgalab
    Options
    The picture was taken wen I was slim I've gained 3 stone since then
  • mumblemagic
    Options
    Check out this guide.

On my old typewriter, there was no numeral 1 ; I learned to use the letter "L" -- lower case, of course. :smile:

That's really cool! I didn't know that :smile:

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Hala Halima!

My tip is to eat real food, including lots of vegetables! Moving every day will also help you to feel good and to lose weight.
  • halimahgalab
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • katerinawaller
    Options
    In the UK we sometimes say 'tea' to mean our evening meal. It's from when we had afternoon tea and then supper.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    In the UK we sometimes say 'tea' to mean our evening meal. It's from when we had afternoon tea and then supper.

I had no idea!
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I had no idea!

Yep I always call my evening meal my tea. I have to remind myself to refer to it as dinner on these boards!
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey, im looking for friends to help keep me motivated with positive encouragement- all friend requests accepted! And motivation shared back too ☺️
  • mumblemagic
    Options

I had no idea!

Yep I always call my evening meal my tea. I have to remind myself to refer to it as dinner on these boards!

It's more of a northern uk thing than a general one. Caused a small issue when a southerner friend of mine invited a northerner around for tea (cup thereof) and the northerner was expecting food!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

I had no idea!

It's more of a northern uk thing than a general one. Caused a small issue when a southerner friend of mine invited a northerner around for tea (cup thereof) and the northerner was expecting food!

Is it? I grew up in Surrey and use 'tea' to mean dinner!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    The picture was taken wen I was slim I've gained 3 stone since then

I had no idea!

Same here in Australia. I only use the word dinner on American boards.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

I had no idea!

You've never heard of high tea? Same idea, not always so fancy.
  • LloydGK
    LloydGK Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I had no idea!

Is it? I grew up in Surrey and use 'tea' to mean dinner!

Same here! :smiley: (grew up in Hertfordshire)